Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Blue is defo stand out colour when you see them all together , those wheels don't do car any justice at all ,looks so basic in those pics

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
One bright distinctive unique colour with a £700+ price tag, multi layers, a gazillion application processes or whatever it is. Or a duller less distinctive colour for less money or free.

These Ford people arent daft are they.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
i cant undestand why ford dont use a proper pic of a car in the actual colour,surely that cant be too much for them,those computerised images make the colours look even worse than ever :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
I have one word which I think perfectly describes the car in these colour options - DREARY! Whilst I've absolutely no doubt that it's a beast underneath why make it look so tame and characterless? :facepalm:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't think it's fair to show these photos as a comparison.

The palette used for these images is far away from the colours in the flesh. They all look matte!

Mag grey and stealth grey look the same colour here, which is wrong :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As above 4 of those colours looks nothing like that in real life, they all look like a frozen(BMW)/ Matt finish. :facepalm:
The only colour which looks kinder of similar is white.
Quite an amature photoshop by Ford.
On another note how was Frankfurt?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Appreciate the post, but what we really need are some official Ford pictures based in the real world, no Web based images that have been PS'd to death.

You can't gauge the true colour.

Apart from NB, you can see the other colours (on different models) down the ford dealer or trader

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
My understanding is that black, white and different shades of grey are not technically colours so the only option is blue. Its a shame that a more vibrant colour palette wasn't being offered by Ford for the new RS.

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
I appreciate these do not reflect the true colours of the cars, it was more to get a rough idea with them altogether & having a place where if you wanted to look at the rear / front bumper for example, use for photoshop etc, etc, it's a quick place to find it for reference, rather than trawl through many threads to find one.

I agree, apart from the blue, it is a rather uninspiring colour lineup when seen together, it really needs another colour shade, like the red that was in another thread maybe?

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Red every day for me. I imagine that the colours a car comes in are subject to all sorts of decisions from a manufacturer before being signed off. To the mass market for lesser spec models people buy on colour alone I daresay. Clearly they work to a different set of requirements to mine as greys and dark colours are somewhat uninspiring (even aside from the quality of the configuration pics above).

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red every day for me. I imagine that the colours a car comes in are subject to all sorts of decisions from a manufacturer before being signed off. To the mass market for lesser spec models people buy on colour alone I daresay. Clearly they work to a different set of requirements to mine as greys and dark colours are somewhat uninspiring (even aside from the quality of the configuration pics above).
Totally Jon, maybe as said in the other thread, saving red or another vibrant colour for a limited model? Probably not but can hope! :nice:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts