Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am getting a loud knocking noise when I brake. I have the Alcons fitted.
The brakes work fine with no judder or pulling etc.
I can't see anything on either side of the disc surface so I am thinking the pads may be the issue, possibly sticking as the car has had very little use.
Is there a guide anywhere for these calipers on pad removal/replacement or is it obvious when you get the calipers off?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hi all

I am getting a loud knocking noise when I brake. I have the Alcons fitted.
The brakes work fine with no judder or pulling etc.
I can't see anything on either side of the disc surface so I am thinking the pads may be the issue, possibly sticking as the car has had very little use.
Is there a guide anywhere for these calipers on pad removal/replacement or is it obvious when you get the calipers off?

Cheers
:unsure: Check the discs where the rotors mount to the bells for signs of cracking. If its the old Mountune kit they fail a lot and its very dangerous.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the old mountune kit but I can't see any signs of cracks but will look again. Would that create a knocking noise under braking? Not sure...
Cheers

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
It is the old mountune kit but I can't see any signs of cracks but will look again. Would that create a knocking noise under braking? Not sure...
Cheers
:unsure: Hopefully not as if it did the damage would be pretty bad. With the floating discs the rotors are free to move slightly but if damaged they can then move more and in a back and forth direction rather than just left to right which could make them knock. It could also be the front wishbone bushes, balljoints or Revo Knuckle bushes though.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Some folk are telling me that the floating set up will knock till they warm up but if that was the case, surely everyone would wonder what was wrong.....🤔😀

1 - 5 of 5 Posts