Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
An induction kit should be less restrictive than standard set up so it will allow more air to be sucked in at idle. I wouldn't have thought the intercooler would be doing much at idle though.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
If wont suck any more air, the ECU will keep it within the stochiometric limits. It might sound louder because the air filter is less restrictive.
Depends on what he means by sucking in air. With reference to the less restrictive air induction system, it will most certainly suck more air into the turbo, the clue is in the words "less restrictive".
The ecu will then govern airflow into the manifold at the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
We're talking about at idle here, so Hearsepilot is right?
Can't say I've detected any noticeable increase in noise at idle over the standard set up - the airflow is too low at this point.

JohnD

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
We're talking about at idle here, so Hearsepilot is right?
Can't say I've detected any noticeable increase in noise at idle over the standard set up - the airflow is too low at this point.

JohnD
Again it depends on if we are talking about air being sucked into the turbo or the inlet manifold. At the inlet manifold it won't make any difference, at the turbo it will suck in more air as there is less restriction to the airflow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts