Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some advise please guys, I bought my 2010 (60) UG 420 Club sport with 14k miles on the clock in November and the agreed value to back then and now is obviously significantly different (25% higher) so I contacted my insurance company and explained that the market levels had increased and asked them to take another look at the cars value.

To my amazement they came back and told me to pay for a independent inspection and they would look at it from there even though I have supplied all the pictures and history etc as originally requested.

When I bought the car I wasn't to know how the market was going to turn in such a short space of time and all I'm asking is for them to acknowledge that and value it for its true value is that so wrong?

CheeRS

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I'm no expert, I have no idea, but I'm sure you could agree that the used car market is a fickle beast; the insurer asking for an independent inspection isn't unreasonable I would suggest. Depends what also you're basing your 25% increase in value on, where's that come from?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no expert, I have no idea, but I'm sure you could agree that the used car market is a fickle beast; the insurer asking for an independent inspection isn't unreasonable I would suggest. Depends what also you're basing your 25% increase in value on, where's that come from?
I have been offered 25% more than what I paid for it and looking at the crazy rise in prices in the past 3 months that's what I have based it on.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
After some advise please guys, I bought my 2010 (60) UG 420 Club sport with 14k miles on the clock in November and the agreed value to back then and now is obviously significantly different (25% higher) so I contacted my insurance company and explained that the market levels had increased and asked them to take another look at the cars value.

To my amazement they came back and told me to pay for a independent inspection and they would look at it from there even though I have supplied all the pictures and history etc as originally requested.

When I bought the car I wasn't to know how the market was going to turn in such a short space of time and all I'm asking is for them to acknowledge that and value it for its true value is that so wrong?

CheeRS

Paul
how much do you think it's worth

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Do you really think values have gone up 25% in 4 months? Just because somebodies offered you that doesnt necessarily mean thats what the market value is. Im not surprised one bit that the insurance company want more evidence.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Not sure how agreed Value works in comparison. On a old insurance I had for a 2007 320d. I only paid £1500 for the car and made the insurance aware of this. 8 months later the car was written off when someone went into the back of it but because the average rate on autotrader was £2500 for another that was similar to mine they paid me out the full £2500.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Since brexit and lockdown, prices of cars have gone up

I've mine agreed value of 40k euro with my insurance, simply because of the vrt,nox to replace the RS if it ever was stolen or written off

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I was thinking about agreed value , who has an agreed valuation ? what insurance company are you with and what is the value ?

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I was thinking about agreed value , who has an agreed valuation ? what insurance company are you with and what is the value ?
I know

I know flux offer agreed value, never looked into it personally but doesn't suprise me the insurance want evidence like they do for immobilisers etc I guess it's to stop Joe bloggs insuring there fiesta for 100k and it goes missing without a trace...

·
Vendor
280 Posts
Hi.

Have you supplied your insurer with any additional proof of the increase in vehicle value such as current examples for sale at these higher prices or recent sold auction prices?

These are the sorts of items we would request as additional information to help determine the value of the vehicle.

Regards,

Dan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts