Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may well be looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels for my RS, ideally I'd like 18" OZ Ultraleggera's in black or gunmetal.

My car has AP 6 pot brakes on the front and standard rear brakes, I think that most aftermarket wheels should clear the AP's subject to the offset being OK.

I'm open to suggestions on other wheels as I don't think the Ultraleggera's are easy to source, I do like Rota Grid wheels particularly on Impreza's but on a Focus I'm not so sure they suit.

Please post up any pics you have to help me choose. :)

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
A quick search will give you plenty of wheel inspiration :)

Standard wheels are et60 so providing you don't go higher than that you'll be fine clearing the APs (assuming you've got a formula kit, 5575 calliper).

I have the same brakes and run 19" JWR wheels which are an et45 iirc :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've got the 5575 kit with genuine AP bells and rotors.

I was hoping to get some pics on the thread but no problem I'll have a look around the site. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I like the look of the Bola ZZR, but not seen them on the RS yet
They are nice looking wheels I have to say.

Or even these other Bola wheels look like they'll be nice
I hadn't realised they did such nice wheels, I'll have to look closer. :)

The JWR wheels don't photograph very well but look great on the car IMO
77AD7DB1-0874-4ACC-92B4-F9126B6C9EF8.jpg

You can just about see the dish on them hereDSC_3176.jpg
They are very nice wheels, they do remind me of Rota Grid Drift or the dished Rays TE37 wheels. :)

I do like them a lot in silver on a PB car, are they Rota Mesh or even original BBS?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ty, the wheels on the PB RS were the one's I was talking about being the Cades, they do look very nice and those wheels I would of gone for if I was going to change, however after seeing 20" wheels on an RS the tyre profile seems a bit too thin which doesn't make the set up look right, imho. If I was going to change the JWR's I'd go a 19" again. What rims I'm not sure but the Bola's in the centre picture above would look very nice which are similar to the Cades, but there's so much choice out there. Have a look through the project and members cars threads for some ideas. :nice:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.