Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Worse than any advert is a lying salesman even after you have explained to them you know the cars you are looking at and ask for an honest detailed description even noting the usual problem areas to them so you can make an educated decision whether to travel and they still lie through their teeth, that really winds me up, if i had a pound for every mile ive wasted on the word of a salesman id be able to buy my new intercooler 🤣

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
'Full service history' - except it generally isn't...
'Great condition' - usually then goes on to list things that need resolving...
'One careful owner' - a very subjective statement...
'Paintwork in excellent condition' - paintwork looks like a child has set to it with a scouring pad...

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,264 Posts
“Investment opportunity” a totally unqualified statement that is not backed up by any training, insight or legal comeback. It generally means over priced and an investment for the person selling it.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
3,389 Posts
‘Just testing the water” 🤬

you either want to sell it or you don’t

“one previous owner” 🤬

doesn’t mean the have treated the car well though does it?

“Owned by a Vicar previously” 🤬

people of the cloth don’t always abide by the law if we’re being honest

a couple mentioned above though I would defend 😉

’one lady owner” 👍

statistically women are safer drivers than men and are involved in fewer RTC’s, so this line can be a good hint when selling cars, I’m using it at the moment with a car I have for sale, it’s a one lady owner with 27k miles on the clock 👍 which is the truth

”has had thousands spent” 👍

good if you are into the modified scene, buying a car with bits on it that you would otherwise buy if you bought a car in standard spec can save you a lot of money

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
one lady owner could mean its full of car park dents :LOL:
another is when dealers round down mileage, only 10k miles but when you look at the speedo it says 10,850

1 - 20 of 23 Posts