Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Just to let you know we are still very much open and hopefully its business as usual wherever possible.

As from Monday our quotes team will be on hand for any new quotations as per the below:-

Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm

Saturday - 9 am - 4 pm

Sunday 10 am -2 pm

Currently our service teams opening hours for existing clients are unaffected.

Please feel free to visit the following FAQ link for advice around Coronavirus and insurance:-

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-affect-my-insurance.html

During this uncertain period you may wish to look into laid up insurance so if this is the case please feel free to drop me a line.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Dan.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Dan is the approach to reduce insurance for your customers across the board? It's not like we're using our cars much.

·
Vendor
280 Posts

Dan is the approach to reduce insurance for your customers across the board? It's not like we're using our cars much.
&nbsp

Hi there,

To be honest I don't believe the insurers will be significantly reducing the premiums - the science behind setting premiums is done by actuaries. An insurance policy runs the length of a year so it might be abit imprudent of them to discount on the basis of a few months not driving with a large proportion of the policy remaining.

It's abit of a complex subject - some have suggested insurers giving back a discount but during an underwriting cycle there will already be significant claims already ( the big injury ones) and insurers would then be at a huge financial disadvantage if things slowly return to normal and they experience higher claims ratios.

And of course insurers wouldn't not reduce any aspect of your cover without your request too.

Thanks.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Dan
In a nutshell so to speak
How does lay up insurance work
In know the answer is in the word layup but if there are exceptional circumstances such as an emergency are you permitted to drive on layup?

And I should imagine proof of mileage is required

Regards

·
Vendor
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan
In a nutshell so to speak
How does lay up insurance work
In know the answer is in the word layup but if there are exceptional circumstances such as an emergency are you permitted to drive on layup?

And I should imagine proof of mileage is required

Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for the question and 'Laid-Up' cover is essentially for those vehicles SORN off the road where the owner still wants some protection for 'Accidental Damage, fire and theft.' Road use isn't permitted even in emergency circumstances.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks.

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
When I had laid up insurance it didn't attract or contribute to my NCD either, it's worth checking that too.

Often such insurance is provided by a different provider, hence cancelling an existing policy and taking out a replacement.

You need to understand the whole costs and longer term implications on cost, not just cover.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Hi there,
Thanks for the question and 'Laid-Up' cover is essentially for those vehicles SORN off the road where the owner still wants some protection for 'Accidental Damage, fire and theft.' Road use isn't permitted even in emergency circumstances.
Hope that this helps.
Thanks.
Dan
Cheers Dan

I might need your help on another matter
I'll PM you regarding that
Nothing to do with me though

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In the present circumstances we are not allowed to travel and not knowing how long these restrictions could last is it worth renewing your insurance when it falls due? I have a MK 2 and MK 3, both are SORN and the mot ran out in April on the MK 3 and I have not bothered renewing for the time being as MOT's have been extended for a further 6 months. MOT is due July for the MK 2. I can't see thing's getting better till next year at the earliest so neither car will be going anywhere. Have a runabout if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Received my renewal today from AF and thought insurance prices were going down, however mine has increased by about £10.
Time to phone around.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Insurance renewal came for my Skoda kodiaq at £900+

The rs is nowhere near as much.

I left AF. Key is they're a broker not underwriter. So pricing is what they get.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I cant understand insurance anymore...my focus came down...my sierra went up only by £3 and my octavia vrs stayed exactly the same..🤔🤔
Lol people forget to drive in 3 months what a load of :censored: the article is talking
With some of the driving I have witnessed there might be some truth in it....some scary frightening stuff

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I cant understand insurance anymore...my focus came down...my sierra went up only by £3 and my octavia vrs stayed exactly the same..🤔🤔

With some of the driving I have witnessed there might be some truth in it....some scary frightening stuff
I don't doubt it some are well ****.

But for them to say claims are up that's just garbage - my opinion of course

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had AF calling me pretty much 3 times a day for the last couple of weeks. Finally answered the other day, was transferred to the quote department, on hold for 15mins listening to music, then the line cut off. :facepalm: .

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
lol. at least the call didn't cost you anything...

I had AF calling me pretty much 3 times a day for the last couple of weeks. Finally answered the other day, was transferred to the quote department, on hold for 15mins listening to music, then the line cut off. :facepalm: .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts