Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that the Active City Stop on Focus mk3 uses cameras in the windscreen (the same ones used for other driver assist features on some other non RS models) and not a radar based system as found on some other vehicles. Does anybody know this for a fact?

I have the driver assist package on my ST3 Estate and being 6'2" I find the bottom edge of the plastic box behind / slightly below the rear view mirror containing the cameras slightly annoying, hence it would be handy to know if RS without Active City Stop does away with this.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's the same kit my ST3 has on it with driver assistance pack, then yes. 8-( That's why I'm hoping if it's not specced then you lose the lump of plastic and the cameras from behind and just below the rear view mirror.

Windscreen fitted
Thanks. I'm tempted not to spec it then, whilst the plastic cover doesn't obstruct too much vision I'd be happier without it. I would say safer too for me but that might be tempting fate.

It uses LIDAR I think, and it will be behind the mirror as on the ST.
LIDAR would make more sense, I had just assumed it was camera based. Perhaps the casing is smaller if you just have active city stop?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.