Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so not everyone has opted for this, but I saw an article on Gadget Show (yes, I know not always the best thing on the box) but they were looking at devices that COULD reduce your premium. One of the ones favoured by insurers seems to be Active City Stop - with so many accidents happening in towns with rear end shunts, insurers seem to like these.

Other things insurers like are obviously tracker devices and dash cameras. Again, with so many fake accident claims (folk slamming on the anchors leaving you no way out but hitting the car in front) then a dash came will help your case. On this point, I am surprised more manufacturers don't fit them as standard, or put a power port up near the mirror for this as a retro install.

Just some things to think about when we all get our shiney new RSs. Mine has the ACS as an option and I will be adding a dash cam too and more than likely a tracking device.

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
Just to say active city stop only reduces the rating if it is standard fit. I.e type R Gt. golf GTI
Well, its on the list RS factory fit options so I would be shocked if an insurer felt it wasn't standard fit - if that isn't then what is!!
Think he means standard fit as in all of them rather than being an optional extra
Ian is correct it has to be fitted as part of the base vehicle package for insurers to accept it, currently, i know discussions have been tried with Thatcham the insurers test body to get options covered as well but i don't think they are currently.

Talk to your insurer & get it confirmed in writing by them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ian is correct it has to be fitted as part of the base vehicle package for insurers to accept it, currently, i know discussions have been tried with Thatcham the insurers test body to get options covered as well but i don't think they are currently.

Talk to your insurer & get it confirmed in writing by them.
I believe this is one of the reasons VW have made it standard kit on a lot of there cars to sell them from the angle of ' it's cheaper to insure'

It doesn't really make sense but since when have insurance companies really made sense 100%

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I believe this is one of the reasons VW have made it standard kit on a lot of there cars to sell them from the angle of ' it's cheaper to insure'

It doesn't really make sense but since when have insurance companies really made sense 100%
And they have different ecu modes I believe so they can sell them as 'cleaner' and Lower tax' :lol:

Don't get me started on insurance companies. They are the only industry I can think of that actively discriminate. Don't know how they get away with it :nope:

·
Registered
656 Posts
And they have different ecu modes I believe so they can sell them as 'cleaner' and Lower tax' :lol:
Don't get me started on insurance companies. They are the only industry I can think of that actively discriminate. Don't know how they get away with it :nope:
It's terrible, insurance is still cheaper for women as well even after all that rubbish. They just get away with it by saying it's done on risk not on the stereotype but it's all ********

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.