Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not wanting to bung up thread over on mk3 thread ,just wanted to know specs etc ,what do the packs consist off etc , I notice everyone went for amg exhaust etc what is the difference ? Not familiar with these 45s at all but by **** they do look stunning and want to find out more , I'll check other sites etc just wanted heads up thanks in advance guys , I see big ken , magic and is it Mike007 ,be good to get write up as everyday driver .

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
dbwinter is also a huge huge fanboy of these cars - he'll be along shortly to hit you up with his vast wealth of experience of the AMG marque!! :lol:

You can either purchase options as packs of individual items. Personally I stuck to the packs as they had more or less everything I needed;

Premium pack - which is basically pano roof, electric adjustable memory seats, keyless go, and the harmon kardon stereo upgrade.

Aero pack - speaks for itself really, you get that "ridiculous" :facepalm: rear wing and the front winglets.

Night pack - black mirrors, side sill inserts and a few other bits now including black 'cross spoke' alloys. if you have the aero pack I think it's compulsory to have this pack now (unlike the old model). So the total works out at about £3600 IIRC for the two packs combined.

Performance exhaust - basically a dual mode exhaust now on the facelift model, there's a button on the dash to make it louder if you want lots of pops and bangs. On the previous model it was just a louder exhaust in sports mode.

Other packs like the Exclusive pack include a bit of extra leather on the dash, finishes it off nicely but is about £1k. Then on the new facelift there's a Dynamic pack which gives you an extra engine mode and front LSD, but again is about £2500.

It's actually more straight forward with the new car as you get so much more standard now - you'll see older model cars advertised with options like the 'performance steering wheel' which is a must have imo! Red calipers were also cost options previously. I can only really tell you about the new ones in terms of what's included as standard and in the packages - the other guys will be able to help with info for the pre-facelift model.

Cheers.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have the full options list at home, must be at least 15-20 pages in it, absolutely crazy! The facelift A45 get 381PS and 450NM.

I ordered the new CLA45 back in early August, it was built last week so should be here before the end of the month. I'll post pics when she arrives - solid black, night pack, red calipers and of course the performance exhaust (I really hope it has the exhaust button aswell) on the outside :)

there's also the newly added Dynamic Plus Pack for the A/CLA/GLA 45 - it adds a 5th drive mode (Race) and adjustable suspension.

biggest benefit though is the updated Dual Clutch, shorter ratios and I believe they've tweaked it for faster shifts, which always seemed to be the top complaint on the 360PS version

·
Registered
516 Posts
Love the A Series - the mother-in-law has one. Has the Sport pack and everything.

Won't play USB music, show mapping via its stuck on Sat Nav, even has the practicality of a Fiesta.

If you must have a fast new car that is a premium brand, the Jaguar XE S is the star car. A Focus RS mk3 for everyone else.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,881 Posts
That makes it 1-1 in this particular thread.

I think the wind ups have been done to death in the other thread.

It would be nice for the OP if this particular thread kept on track without resorting to the insults.

The thread is in the 'Other Marque' section after all so there's no real need for it degenerate into a Ford/Merc (or whatever other marque) slagging session. :nice:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.