Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

i took my RS out for the last cruise of the year. Last week we celebrated 25 years of german unity, so i decided to drive along the inner german border also know as the iron curtain. Here are some pictures of my RS at some border remains scattered all along the countrysite.

First stop was in the forest near Hellingen. Here are some parts of the fence that divided germany into east and west and a border stone.

1fqa2wr0lke.jpg

11tz7vok1ewl.jpg

Next stop was the open air museum at Behrungen. Here you can find an intact strip of the border and an watchtower of the East German border troops. To get there i had to drive on the "Kolonnenweg" which the East German border troops used with their UAZ to patrol the border ... pretty interesting with an RS :laughing: .

32uvwok8crq.jpg

415yu3oc8if.jpg

276l5z2bqam.jpg

68tkq02zceu.jpg

7f94qprz0k3.jpg

Last stop of the day was the former border checkpoint and sculpture park at Eußenhausen-Henneberg. Pretty interesting, but the place is really rundown. However made some nice shots of my RS.

8tlirc4axn8.jpg

965uva2gsek.jpg

10pncf8i7br3.jpg

I really wanted to go to the point alpha museum at the famous Fulda gap, but it was already too late ... maybe something for next year :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts