Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
My car spent the morning at SCC today.

Up at some ungodly hour to get to St Albans for 08:30 and at around 1pm I was heading back towards the M25.

Great service from Stu and the team, as always. It's the first time I've seen the new place, and it's very nice - the waiting area is a million miles from the single chair that I perched on many a time when I had my Mk1 FRS 12 years ago :)

So, I've finally sorted my radiator, which has had a slow leak for around 18 months. There's now a Pro Alloy unit in there, which I'm expecting to last a very long time, and hopefully keep everything running a little bit cooler. I also had a full set of silicone hoses installed - coolant, boost and induction. And since I saw a post yesterday that reminded me, I also got Stu to bin my symposer and blank it off.

I also had a set of H&R springs fitted. I was originally going with Eibach, but they couldn't get me any for today, and I didn't want to wait to have the work done. As it happens, I think I prefer the slightly lower stance from the H&R springs now they're on. One thing I have noticed, though, is now that the height is dropped, the wheels really need to come out into the arches a bit more!

Oh, and SCC also, very kindly fitted my Mountune X4 kit for me too.

The car felt and sounded fantastic on the drive home, and it definitely feels as if there's more boost there for longer. I didn't look at the symposer diaphragm when they took it off, but I guess it could have perished and been causing a loss of boost. The car definitely seems to pull harder then it did before. Perhaps the combination of everything?

Anyway, here are a few pics - definitely struggling to imagine myself chopping it in on a Mk3 right now.

Oh, and they had the new Revo wheels in the waiting room too - they look very nice (pic below).

HampR-FRS2_zps0wzlevso.jpg

Hoses-2_zpsl0ng4vc2.jpg

Hoses-1_zpssvzj66yf.jpg

X4-1_zpsey20aooh.jpg

X4-2_zpsyimfgfhm.jpg

Revo_zpsrkfyxyux.jpg

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Looking :cool:

It's a dangerous place is that new waiting room of theirs. Lots of goodies on show trying to tempt you :lol:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking :cool:

It's a dangerous place is that new waiting room of theirs. Lots of goodies on show trying to tempt you :lol:
Yep - the Pro Alloy Ultimate intercooler on the stairs made me stop and look every time too :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have similar tastes to me. I have a 987 Boxster and an RS. Great mods!
Got a track day booked at Bedford in November with some other Porsche guys if you fancy coming along in the Boxster. Or the FRS for that matter, open pit lane, any car, more the merrier :)

I'm actually tempted to take the RS in Nov now that I've had all this lot done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts