Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SUPPLYING PARTS FOR RS AND ST FORDS SINCE 2013.
ANDY & KIRSTY CLUB SPONSORS
2,780 Posts
:thumbsup: Good to hear that you are happy with the service Chris and thanks for the great feedback.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Best thing I ever did

Go buy some
Cheers, I'm thinking about it because after all these years the standard suspension is starting to get too crashy for my liking and the body roll is annoying me now too... I want it stiffer through corners but still comfy for everyday driving... :yep:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Cheers, I'm thinking about it because after all these years the standard suspension is starting to get too crashy for my liking and the body roll is annoying me now too... I want it stiffer through corners but still comfy for everyday driving... :yep:
I use mine everyday, and it's not a problem. If you weren't so far away, i'd happily take you out.

I honestly think BC BR's are more comfortable than OEM

EDIT: And I've got mine set pretty stiff. Something like 23/30 stiff on the front and 28/30 stiff on the rear

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Sweet good to know mate. :nice:
I wish Bilstein didn't stop making their setup for the :rs: what a fail... :facepalm: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't think mine will be soft as I went for 8kgmm front and 6kgmm rear. I'd rather be on the hard side, I'll get a review up in a couple of days

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well after two late nights after work all bushes and suspension all fitted. at present I haven't got to much to say, ride height I've set to low, rear feels way to soft, so I will readjust the ride height and play about with damper settings, at the moment front with 8kgmm springs set to 14 and rear 6kgmm spring set at 20. In my opinion front feels really nice, not hard or crashy at all but the rear feels very soft and not sure I like it. I will be getting a full setup done next weekend and I'll report back,
Top service from Andy

·
2,780 Posts
Well after two late nights after work all bushes and suspension all fitted. at present I haven't got to much to say, ride height I've set to low, rear feels way to soft, so I will readjust the ride height and play about with damper settings, at the moment front with 8kgmm springs set to 14 and rear 6kgmm spring set at 20. In my opinion front feels really nice, not hard or crashy at all but the rear feels very soft and not sure I like it. I will be getting a full setup done next weekend and I'll report back,
Top service from Andy
:thumbsup: Good work Chris, cant wait to hear how you find it once its set up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, today was the day that I had all the suspension setup and corner weighting done.

All I can say is that I'm not impressed, when the corner weighting was done, they removed the preload from one of the springs, raised rear spring without then resetting the damper length/ pre load.
They wouldn't adjust the rear camber arms as all they did was use the original toe adjuster,
The car feels nice suspension wise but now it corners left on its own, really not impressed especially after paying £160

·
2,780 Posts
Well, today was the day that I had all the suspension setup and corner weighting done.

All I can say is that I'm not impressed, when the corner weighting was done, they removed the preload from one of the springs, raised rear spring without then resetting the damper length/ pre load.
They wouldn't adjust the rear camber arms as all they did was use the original toe adjuster,
The car feels nice suspension wise but now it corners left on its own, really not impressed especially after paying £160
:nope: Thats not good Chris did they tell you why they did it that way?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure why they did what they did, from the start he said the the hard race arms where horrible to adjust, I just think they couldn't be *****. Which is a shame as I'm now needing to pay again and go somewhere else

·
2,780 Posts
I'm not sure why they did what they did, from the start he said the the hard race arms where horrible to adjust, I just think they couldn't be :censored:. Which is a shame as I'm now needing to pay again and go somewhere else
:nope: Thats not good to hear! The arms arent the easiest to adjust but are not the worst either. Weve not come across anywhere that had that much trouble with the Camber arms and the Toe arms are much easier to get accurate than the standard ones.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I agree, I can't really see what the issue is, just need to find someone else that can do it all properly. I will be paying centre gravity a visit as they come highly recommended but at nearly £600 done I'll get my clutch and bits replaced first

1 - 17 of 17 Posts