Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to see what people's thoughts are, what are you guys opinions on the potential costs of the optional extras? and what do we know or think will be classed as optional extras?

Here's my guess's at a few things...

Seats (partial leather) £1500
Forged Alloys (without cup tyres) £1000
Sunroof £450
Upgraded Speakers £350
Nitrous Blue Paint £1000
Parking Camera £450
Upgraded Screen (Nav/DAB) £750

Bare in mind these are all just my random guess's and not actual known prices/options

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I would say guess is spot on but think the NAV/DAB will be cheaper imo and then seats I think about 1k

Not that I'm counting but 10 Days
The wait is killing me... I've been sat for ages thinking of that list just changing prices every 5 minutes :lol:

I'm thinking you'll get a decent sized screen as standard and they maybe an option for a much larger one? maybe with a change to the mini display screen between the rev counter and speedo too?

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
It really all depends if certain options will be lumped into 'packs' which will be cheaper per item but may end up with things you dont want.

I'd still say a 'fully loaded' car will be approx £35k, the most popular 'desirable optioned' cars will be approx £33k.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never really thought about the packs... that could work to our advantage as you may get more for your money within the pack levels... but as Gareth says you may end up having to get things you may not have originally wanted

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Current ST option prices are:

Camera £165
Sound System £150
Sunroof £575
Door Edge Protector £85
Heated Steering wheel £95
Active City Stop £200
Blind Spot £525

So I can't see the RS would cost more for these as it's the same car?

Other bits my guess:

Stealth £0
Frozen White £250
Magnetic Grey £525
Absolute Black £525
Nitrous Blue £995
Forged Alloys with MPSS £900
Forged Alloys with Cup2 £1500
CS Seats £1500

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just to see what people's thoughts are, what are you guys opinions on the potential costs of the optional extras? and what do we know or think will be classed as optional extras?

Here's my guess's at a few things...

Seats (partial leather) £1500
Forged Alloys (without cup tyres) £1000
Sunroof £450
Upgraded Speakers £350
Nitrous Blue Paint £1000
Parking Camera £450
Upgraded Screen (Nav/DAB) £750

Bare in mind these are all just my random guess's and not actual known prices/options
you forgot privacy glass and door protectors .

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
I never really thought about the packs... that could work to our advantage as you may get more for your money within the pack levels... but as Gareth says you may end up having to get things you may not have originally wanted
Just as an example, they may do a 'performance pack' which could be the Recaro CS seats & lightweight wheels for £2k, a saving of £500 on your prices as seperate items. :yep:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just as an example, they may do a 'performance pack' which could be the Recaro CS seats & lightweight wheels for £2k, a saving of £500 on your prices as seperate items. :yep:
I think where you're going is more like what will be offered :yep: Other things such as a reversing camera, stop/start, heated steering wheel etc... could effectively be say a 'technology pack'

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Oem standard wheels in black- 250
CS Seats 1k
CS Seats +extended trim / different colour leather 1.2k.
Forged alloys 1k
Forged + cup 1.4k
Rs+ pack.(seats and wheels /tyre ) 2.2k.
Lux pack 1 sync 2 or 3 , speakers, keyless 1.2k.
Lux pack 2 (as lux 1) plus premium sat nav dab, rear camera. driver assistance pack 2k.
Blind spot 525.
Heated steering 100 pounds.
Sunroof 600.

36k for fully loaded.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Mariotty What would you class as a 'driver assistance pack?

Also... what or how does the 'blind spot' work?

Out of all the other things I think it's only the 'city stop/start' I really wouldn't want to have

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Oem standard wheels in black- 250
CS Seats 1k
CS Seats +extended trim / different colour leather 1.2k.
Forged alloys 1k
Forged + cup 1.4k
Lux pack 1 sync 2 or 3 , speakers, keyless 1.3k
Lux pack 2 (as lux 1) plus premium sat nav dab, rear camera. driver assistance pack 2k.
Blind spot 525.
Heated steering 100 pounds.
Sunroof 600.

36k for fully loaded.
I'll save myself a grand by not having blind spot and sunroof if it were to be that. Well the NB paint may take it to 36k for me

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Of course, there is the issue that just because the ST has something as an option, doesn't mean to say the RS will get it, just like on the mk2.

They may knock things like cruise, heated steering wheel or blind spot & such things on the head, have to wait & see! :yep:

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
@Mariotty What would you class as a 'driver assistance pack?
Also... what or how does the 'blind spot' work?
Out of all the other things I think it's only the 'city stop/start' I really wouldn't want to have
@Phil3

Driver assistance pack explained here :nice:

Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Blind spot is audio and visual warning , if you trying to change the lane , and there is a car there.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 113 Posts