2,085 Posts
With any car there’s two reasons it does not sell:
1) It’s condition
2) It’s price

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well its deffo not the condition of any of these cars its the prices that are wanted for them, for sure:(

·
Premium Member
4,607 Posts
With any car there’s two reasons it does not sell:
1) It’s condition
2) It’s price
Possibly 3) It has been modified? The condition and quality of the work may be great but is an RS500 collector likely to want as original as possible?

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,434 Posts
Press cars will normally have had no expense spared whilst in the manufactures press fleet.

It would be serviced pretty much after every major event. e.g. a press launch; a known hard driving reporter having the car for a couple of weeks etc etc

would I prefer a press car to a normal
Dealer test drive vehicle?

hell yes.

·
Premium Member
4,607 Posts
Press cars will normally have had no expense spared whilst in the manufactures press fleet.

It would be serviced pretty much after every major event. e.g. a press launch; a known hard driving reporter having the car for a couple of weeks etc etc

would I prefer a press car to a normal
Dealer test drive vehicle?

hell yes.
Not an RS, but my parents had a rather wacky ex Ford, Fiesta 1.0 L mk1, S reg, it had the Ghia spec three speed heater dash and no L badge on the tailgate. Don't know the specifics but the theory at the time was a car for brochure photos perhaps as it predates the world of Photoshopping. Or a Friday afternoon whatever was left on the assembly line?

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Not an RS, but my parents had a rather wacky ex Ford, Fiesta 1.0 L mk1, S reg, it had the Ghia spec three speed heater dash and no L badge on the tailgate. Don't know the specifics but the theory at the time was a car for brochure photos perhaps as it predates the world of Photoshopping. Or a Friday afternoon whatever was left on the assembly line?
Not unusual to fit alternative parts if parts run out, rather than delay builds or remove vehicles from the production line early.
There were sometimes misbuilds, however, at Dagenham, there are rumours of a 3dr mk3 Cortina.
Or a naughty manager's wife's car went through the Aveley Pilot Plant and had the heater upgraded. I served the last 3 months of my apprenticeship at Aveley and was told of a manager who was sacked after he had his wife's car upgraded in such a manner. His downfall was the car being seen in a shopping centre car park fitted with alloy wheels from a yet to be launched model and weren't available to buy at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Appreciating Classics have today put up a 5448 miles up for sale. £ 84995 . Dealers still pushing the RS market up, think it will hold up very well for this year .

·
Premium Member
Mk2 RS 400
2,085 Posts
Font Number Circle Document Paper product

Id like to understand their authority to give or imply financial advice?

Not just this company, but those like them too.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
They Ac,mention that the iconic foil wrap is still in place however to cover themselves it has Imperfections like they all do from the factory ,the pics of the wrap look awful , factory wraps where peeling of after a few months and on some panels been stretched to much and thinning was occurring, you only have to touch the 3 m stuff and its scratched and this car shows that ,this car will need a rewrap at the cost of 2k plus. It’s not a bonus to have the original wrap left on if it’s tired and marked up thats dealer talk, when no doubt the next 500 they get comes in rewraped it will be mentioned that it’s had the all important rewrap .

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
typical dealer talk isnt it :LOL:id have thought a complete wrap would cost a lot more than that as well :unsure: still what do you expect for a mere £85,000 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
typical dealer talk isnt it :LOL:id have thought a complete wrap would cost a lot more than that as well :unsure: still what do you expect for a mere £85,000 🤣
Probably will cost more than 2k, had mine done in 2017 , those 4.5 years have gone quick,so could be 3k now, so another 3k to add to the 85 k to have it perfect.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if i was lucky enough to own one then it would have to be redone,theres no way id want a fantastic looking car to be let down with the old wrap,thats the first thing you would see each time you looked at it

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
are there many that are unwrapped? i know the rs direct one was,wonder if it still is?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts