Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Few interesting points from the first tech presentation.

1) power transfer unit has its own cooling radiator. (potentially upgradeable then)

2) weight saving of 4.3kg per wheel over the 2009 RS. I presume they must be meaning unsprung weight including calipers etc otherwise 4.3 kg just for the wheel is immense!

3) Seperate oil cooler as standard.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts

1) power transfer unit has its own cooling radiator. (potentially upgradeable then)

2) weight saving of 4.3kg per wheel over the 2009 RS. I presume they must be meaning unsprung weight including calipers etc otherwise 4.3 kg just for the wheel is immense!

It could well be TD pro forged are 8.5kgs against 13kgs (inc tyre 23.5kg) for Mk2 oem wheels so a 4.5kg difference.

·
Premium Member
5,680 Posts

It's less than a kg per wheel compared to the standard wheel - the difference they are talking about is on the brake system page, compared to the MK2 RS so I don't think it's just the wheel weights

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,138 Posts

Thanks for the downloads Rich.

Depends if you are running Ultra's on your MK2.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts