Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this happen with the mk2 RS where the parts were on the St versions before it was even out? D535B2AD-C944-4127-A122-5EFFCEAE31BE_zps

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The way things are going, I'm expecting to see full RS3 look-a-likeys before the real one hits the shops... Madness!!

And while having the real thing will be known to you, i kind of feel it rubs off that feeling of having one of these, when compared to the MK2. (and yes i know the MK2 has its rep's but i think the Mk3 will be relatively flooded. With the potential to have more Reps than originals...

One positive, it may confuse the robbers out there - as they may not know if they are nicking a real one or fake!!!

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
It happened shortly after its release, 1.6 zetec were the most popular around the midlands, with more replicas then the real cars.
Same thing happened with 1M, I only seen 4 real cars in 4 years, and many more as replicas.
Why should it stop buying a car you like ?
As long as it's going to be a desirable cars to own, people would make replicas, it's inevitable .
Even owners of exotic as are not safe

. Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As long as the parts are not absolutely 100% exactly the same, they can get away with. :yep:
So even if they change something not visible to the eye they could still get away with it. I noticed they have front and rear bumpers for the golf r400 concept car too

·
Registered
125 Posts
it will be easy to tell the fakes as this kit will only fit the old shape ST. i have just bought the FL version which is identical to the new RS inside and panels. these bumpers will not fit as it has the new shape bonnet and wings, the lights are different as well.

i have my name down for the new RS so i will be well used to the interior and centre screen options when i get it. still don't think it will look as good as my mk2 RS though.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
i want to see a few built up,,at least that way we will have a better idea on colours :nice: i love tangerine scream,wish they had held that back for the rs

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Looks like there will be quite a few mk3 RS,s fake or otherwise....cant believe there are body panels out already...they will parked in every supermarket car park :cry:

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
So even if they change something not visible to the eye they could still get away with it. I noticed they have front and rear bumpers for the golf r400 concept car too
I'd say so, the OE bumper will have patents or copyrights against it but if the replica has something different, even as small as the the grill mouth being a few mm's wider or as you say, not visible then they can probably get away with it not being the same so not infringing any copyright / patent issues.

This is just my guess.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Quite. And their copy cat cars are comically like the originals, and straight from their factories too.
That's what happens when you have to go into partnership with Chinese factories, they will copy anything, even Apple stores!!!
We have had it with shoes & there is nothing you can do, all factories are at it!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts