Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting the girlfriend a new car. Just wondering if anyone has one on here to give any day to day review ?

Its only really for getting her to work and back but is there any preffered spec etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looking at getting the girlfriend a new car. Just wondering if anyone has one on here to give any day to day review ?

Its only really for getting her to work and back but is there any preffered spec etc?

Thanks
I've had 4 of them over the last year as long term hire cars. They are fantastic and are a reference drive in its respective performance/price category.

I got 43 MPG with a fairly heavy foot.

Brilliant chassis matched with a nice appearance and a reference engine.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I've had 4 of them over the last year as long term hire cars. They are fantastic and are a reference drive in its respective performance/price category.

I got 43 MPG with a fairly heavy foot.

Brilliant chassis matched with a nice appearance and a reference engine.
4 what ?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Bought the wife one when they first came out 62 reg, surprisingly nippy and great little car all round. Only issue we've had was a synchro problem with 5th gear which was sorted under warranty.

been thinking about getting it Mountuned for a while but undecided which to go for MP 135 is a nice improvement but the extra 30bhp MR165 offers is tempting.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ive got the red 140hp edition with the black wheels, roof, wing mirrors etc. Proper nippy little car and handles brilliantly. Im currently getting nearly 44 to the gallon out of it. They look really smart aswell imo, the mountune mr165 package is seriously tempting

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I've got a 1.0 100PS Titanium X and even that is brilliant.

I've got used to the softer ride being quite predictable and on the motorway it's really comfortable (not something I'd usually mention positively :wink: ).

It reads 63mph on the speedo at the red line in 2nd gear...and when I'm careful, it easily reaches 55 to 58mpg on a long run. In July, it cost me £70 to drive 700 miles to Cornwall and back.

The contract is for 3 years and there's another year to go - I'm tempted by the Red Edition at renewal, but I have some features that I've got used to and like (leather sports seats, cruise, electronic climate, running lights etc).

Overall it's excellent :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
As a minimum I would recommend you go for the 125ps engine not the 95ps, go 140ps if she can handle it.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I drove one of these 1.0 ecoboost b max cars as a courtesy car when I gave in my diesel c max for servicing. Economy wasn't that great vs the diesel c max 1.6 which is a heavier car. It gave something like 42 - 45 mpg average after I'd reset it and I thought what's so impressive about this. As a drive it's okay. But I'd go for a larger engine. It felt like it was destined to have a 3 year shelf life.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies, we have found a 2013 one were going to look at so should be grand. Do me for putting a bike rack on

·
Registered
394 Posts
Or get a Fiesta ST, there was only a £25 increase in the monthly payments over a ZS for us. My girlfriends got a 100PS 1.0 Titanium at the moment as it's really gutless, but she's just ordered an ST in time for the 65 plates

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or get a Fiesta ST, there was only a £25 increase in the monthly payments over a ZS for us. My girlfriends got a 100PS 1.0 Titanium at the moment as it's really gutless, but she's just ordered an ST in time for the 65 plates
Not really wanting an st as its a fair jump as we will be buying private and its an extra 4k, plus we have my car for a blast out.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
missus bought the black edition around xmas time 140hp out the box great car £20 road tax think she uses £40 month in fuel (i thought was something wrong with the gauge as it never moves). pulls up hills without a struggle fully loaded in 5th

1 - 19 of 19 Posts