2009 MK2.5 RS floor pan pushed up on passenger side front - Focus RS Mk2 Discussion - Focus RS Owners Club

2009 MK2.5 RS floor pan pushed up on passenger side front

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Ringo

Ringo
  • Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • uk
  • Chris
  • Owns:2009 MK2.5 RS

Hi All

I have just noticed that the floor pan is pushed up by what looks like a jack stand right under the passenger seat 

Its right under the box channel where the the front of the seat is mounted on ( part closer to the center of the car)

Is there any access points on the box that could be used to hammer the floor down again with wood ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Alb

Alb
  • Club Member
  • 2991 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Do you know who did it Chris?

Ringo

Ringo
  • Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • uk
  • Chris

Hi Alb

I got the wheels reconditioned and got a cracked under tray replaced also at 2 different places, I got this done before the car was stored away to keep the mileage down as prices are rising

I got an ST to fill the void so I could still drive something with the 5 cylinder note at a reasonable price

That was a few months ago and I only seen it last night,  its visible that its freshly done and I'm gutted

I only looked under the car with a torch last night to check the wax coating was OK 

Flying Fish

Flying Fish
  • Club Member
  • 1780 posts
  • Kent
  • Clive
  • Owns:Mk 3 RS (FW)

I'd speak to a good body shop re this, so ensure you do the right thing with the right tools !  

• Dave276 and K30FUS like this

Ringo

Ringo
  • Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • uk
  • Chris

Here's a few pictures

Attached Files

Ultimate Green RS

Ultimate Green RS
  • Forum User
  • 2366 posts
  • London
  • Gav

Here's a few pictures

looks like trolley jack damage

• rs_steve_ug likes this

UG RScott

UG RScott
  • Club Member
  • 1371 posts

Jesus I'd be livid!!!  :f:

Whoever has done than has defo known about it....hoping you wouldn't notice.... :whistle:

I'd be paying the wheel refurb company a visit.

Hope you get it sorted Chris.

5_Pot_Pops

5_Pot_Pops
  • Club Member
  • 323 posts
  • Scotland South
  • Gordon

That is shocking. Given the value of these cars, as said above, best take it to a good body shop and forget about a block of wood and hammer. If the metal has creased then it's not a 5 minute job so you really need a good panel beater with the correct tools for the job. You could reduce the cost by removing seat, carpet etc to give them access to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users