Philb

Philb
  • Club Member
  • 311 posts
  • Preston
  • phil
  • Owns:Mk2 UG

Wow, it does make you wonder if

a) - anybody is actually paying those prices.

b) - what your car is worth

Crazy 

Cold Fusion

Cold Fusion
  • Club Member
  • 1078 posts
  • North Wales
  • Nigel

When you enter the showroom where that RS is for sale you can hear the music from the film JAWS.

• Ultimate Green RS, Jay 225, Graham Ball and 4 others like this

Tc248carl

Tc248carl
  • Club Member
  • 300 posts
  • North Yorkshire
  • Carl.Chafer
  • Owns:Mk 2 RS Focus
🤔🤔🤔 really....oh yeah...it might have more mileage on than mine but its got sat nav and reverse cameras....I just use a map and when reverse use my mirrors and use available see through areas to complete the manoeuvre 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • RSROG008, old bloke and ROBERT WOOD like this

K30FUS

K30FUS
  • Club Member
  • 1802 posts
  • Keith

Its priced according to the work done to the car, it appears to have had a lot of engine work.

Not saying it's worth what is being asked, that's down to a buyer to decide, which I'm not.

• wazzie likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 23032 posts
  • south east
Firstly, as said, do any of these cars actually sell for these prices?

If they do, then I've always been astounded at some of the prices people ask for their cars, especially just because it's only got 5k miles or something (which doesn't necessarily mean it worth more than the original list price).

Secondly, it may be nice for us current owners do hear of these high prices but honestly, how many of us would actually pay these sort of prices if we weren't already lucky enough to own one?

I for one wouldn't, Tbh I wouldn't pay over £20k for any mk2, 10 year old Focus, no matter what mileage /condition etc! Actually I probably wouldn't pay over £15k! :laughing:

When I bought mine new, I always said, if it's worth £15k at 3 years old I'd be happy! :laughing:

So, my one owner, fsh, PB, lux2, leather, BT equipped car with 27k miles must be worth around £45k!! :rofl:
  • Mark RS., graeme, womblenh and 2 others like this

Captjack

Captjack
  • Club Member
  • 774 posts
  • Dorset
  • Steve

Looking on their website they have a few RS’s and there all high prices.

elgassi

elgassi
  • Forum User
  • 1463 posts
  • Perth
  • simon

If they do, then I've always been astounded at some of the prices people ask for their cars, especially just because it's only got 5k miles or something (which doesn't necessarily mean it worth more than the original list price).

Secondly, it may be nice for us current owners do hear of these high prices but honestly, how many of us would actually pay these sort of prices if we weren't already lucky enough to own one?

I for one wouldn't, Tbh I wouldn't pay over £20k for any mk2, 10 year old Focus, no matter what mileage /condition etc! Actually I probably wouldn't pay over £15k! :laughing:

When I bought mine new, I always said, if it's worth £15k at 3 years old I'd be happy! :laughing:

So, my one owner, fsh, PB, lux2, leather, BT equipped car with 27k miles must be worth around £45k!! :rofl:

If not more  :facepalm:

• graeme and Gareth350 like this

Mad Paddy

Mad Paddy
  • Club Member
  • 1419 posts
  • Galway
  • Phil
  • Owns:FW focus RS
Asking and getting is two different things

If you dont ask you wont get

Has serious amount on money spent on engine work and supporting mods

old bloke

old bloke
  • Forum User
  • 77 posts
  • Cheshire green belt
  • phillip

I have read the description twice to make sure !

It says genuine  Just 61,000 miles,   and a few sentences further on mentions full service history including recent one done at 64 K !!! 

How does that work. ?

Tookes

Tookes
  • Club Member
  • 744 posts
  • Northamptonshire
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2

Your car is too heavily modified mudflaps and clear fog lense youd have to knock money off 😂🤣 mines worth about a tenner
  • Gareth350 likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

• Regional Rep
  • 23032 posts
  • south east

Your car is too heavily modified mudflaps and clear fog lense youd have to knock money off

That's true! :laughing:

Sub2ltr

Sub2ltr
  • Club Member
  • 275 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Ian
  • Owns:R35 GTR

650Bhp thru the front wheels? I'm at 600 with 4WD and its a handful, 

£33k - I guess is reasonable with that amount of work done on it, but again it begs the question - did you just ruin a good car by chasing numbers?

IMO

Ian

Kaxe

Kaxe
  • Club Member
  • 9804 posts
  • South Central
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FPM375 Red Edition

They're like the best drivers car ever that I had the pleasure of owning one for 7 years but these prices for 2nd hand Mk2's are just jokes LOL! :rofl: :thud: :cool:

thestumper

thestumper
  • Club Member
  • 884 posts
  • Lancashire
  • Si
  • Owns:FW MK2 RS

Bargain, I will soon be able to retire on mine  :smile:

• rs_steve_ug and Scott288 like this

K30FUS

K30FUS
  • Club Member
  • 1802 posts
  • Keith

I’ll give you £16k for yours. 

• Gareth350 likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

• Regional Rep
  • 23032 posts
  • south east

I’ll give you £16k for yours.

£1k too much!! :laughing:
  • K30FUS likes this

K30FUS

K30FUS
  • Club Member
  • 1802 posts
  • Keith

£1k too much!! :laughing:

Ill get my mate, who is a Nigerian Prince, to send the money to you!

• Gareth350 and Sub2ltr like this

N15TAP

N15TAP
  • Forum User
  • 15 posts
  • Norfolk
  • Nigel
  • Owns:Focus ST225 Mini R53

Ill get my mate, who is a Nigerian Prince, to send the money to you!

Sorry to tell you that you have been scammed. I know this because the Nigerian Prince is MY EXCLUSIVE friend. He told me so after I sent him my bank details so he could send me the money he found in my unknown relative's bank account in Lagos.

• Ultimate Green RS, K30FUS and Sub2ltr like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users