Focus RS mk3.5.... no such thing? - Focus RS MK3 Discussion - Focus RS Owners Club

Focus RS mk3.5.... no such thing?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Theultimatefocus

Theultimatefocus
  • Forum User
  • 813 posts
  • Wayne
Hi lads,

Just having a debate with a mate about a MK3.5 RS. I know they never did one, they were all facelift hence just MK3s with no 3.5 about it. I know some people refer to the normal focus models as prefacelift mk3 and facelift mk3.5 which is different. As the RS was never facelifted through any of its production on all the models then Im right to assume that they are only a mk1/mk2/mk3. Just need some clarity on it to prove my mate wrong so I get a free lunch out of him??? Lol

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

ChrisCh

ChrisCh
  • Forum User
  • 1486 posts
  • Greater London
  • Chris
  • Owns:RS

Hi lads,

Just having a debate with a mate about a MK3.5 RS. I know they never did one, they were all facelift hence just MK3s with no 3.5 about it. I know some people refer to the normal focus models as prefacelift mk3 and facelift mk3.5 which is different. As the RS was never facelifted through any of its production on all the models then Im right to assume that they are only a mk1/mk2/mk3. Just need some clarity on it to prove my mate wrong so I get a free lunch out of him??? Lol

Technically it's both.

The Focus as you say is the Mk3.5 (facelift) - on which the RS is based.

The RS is the Mk3, because there have only been 2 versions previously - both were post facelift for their respective versions of the Focus.

Sorry  :laughing:

• gt40steve likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22931 posts
  • south east

Technically it's both.

The Focus as you say is the Mk3.5 (facelift) - on which the RS is based.

The RS is the Mk3, because there have only been 2 versions previously - both were post facelift for their respective versions of the Focus.

Sorry  :laughing:

Well, the mk1 RS was a bit of a mixture of PFL & FL where the headlights /indicators were involved.

The mk3 RS can be classed in 2 categories, sync 2 or sync 3, but I suppose technically not a FL?

Vorgem

Vorgem
  • Club Member
  • 558 posts
  • Central Scotland
  • William
  • Owns:NB MK3 FRS

Gareth, you would also need to split them by those with winter pack and those without as early Mk3 RS did not have the option of a winter pack. You could also split them as those that needed a replacement head gasket and those that didn't etc.

• Gareth350 likes this

PeterW

PeterW
  • Forum User
  • 99 posts
  • Peter
You could split them by the number of lights in the boot as well. 1 or 2.
  • Gareth350 likes this

Flying Fish

Flying Fish
  • Club Member
  • 1664 posts
  • Kent
  • Clive
  • Owns:Mk 3 RS (FW)

:facepalm:

• Theultimatefocus, JohnD and natew like this

SEVE - RS

SEVE - RS
  • Club Member
  • 1220 posts
  • Steve
  • Owns:Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3
Not certain but im sure I'd seen something on Ford data indicating Mk 3.5 for RS. In addition Complete centre dash and centre console is from the facelift.

Theultimatefocus

Theultimatefocus
  • Forum User
  • 813 posts
  • Wayne
Your not helping me out here lads lol 😆
  • SEVE - RS likes this

Theultimatefocus

Theultimatefocus
  • Forum User
  • 813 posts
  • Wayne
Ive never called my mk2 or mk3 a 2.5 or 3.5.... I know there based upon the facelift version obviously apart from what Gareth pointed out regarding the mk1 which I never knew but this .5 situation would make someone assume it was facelifted during production which isnt the case.... he still owes me dinner regardless. He cant win on a technicality 😭
  • Gareth350 likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22931 posts
  • south east
OK, put simply, as an RS, it is a mk3.

As a Focus model in general, it is a mk3.5.
  • Theultimatefocus, SEVE - RS and Tyrefitter like this

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2262 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS
There is no such thing as a 1.5 2.5 3.5 etc. It is just a facelift. They are just daft names that people come up with.
Ford never made a Focus ST225 or ST250, they were just mk2 ST or mk3 ST.
The only numbers Ford do come up with will be on the back of brochures which give a clue to the time of year when certain specs were available.
  • Theultimatefocus likes this

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 123 posts

There is no such thing as a 1.5 2.5 3.5 etc. It is just a facelift. They are just daft names that people come up with.
Ford never made a Focus ST225 or ST250, they were just mk2 ST or mk3 ST.
The only numbers Ford do come up with will be on the back of brochures which give a clue to the time of year when certain specs were available.

Could call it the C346 just to confuse people  :laughing:

• Mustang17, nilagin and gt40steve like this

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2262 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS

Could call it the C346 just to confuse people  :laughing:

I think we should. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users