19105.......OMG - Focus RS MK3 Discussion - Focus RS Owners Club

19105.......OMG

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

freddie19

freddie19
  • Club Member
  • 469 posts
Just for a laugh thought I'd get a quick valuation on WBAC.
£19105......ouch, wtf!😩

2016 NB with all options and only 4,800 mls.
Mint car, never seen rain.

Thought people were saying RS prices were on the increase..... don't look like it!😡

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

K30FUS

K30FUS
  • Club Member
  • 1851 posts
  • Keith

WBAC offer less than trade in, hardly a good representation of any cars value on the open market.

• Daz5894, Marcus and jayleer like this

UK jon

UK jon
  • Club Member
  • 1923 posts
  • Essex
  • Jonathan
  • Owns:m450
[quote name="freddie19" post="6846903" timestamp=

Sounds like you need a chauffeur🤔

Regards
  • Dave276 and Pinchy Larou like this

grunty-motor

grunty-motor
  • Club Member
  • 3136 posts

I was about to sell mine this time last year and got £19k IIRC and it went up to £22k in June. Just did mine again - 8,500m and got £18,710.

Seasonal effect? But generally, very low

The wifes CX-3 on the other hand is offering VERY good prices. 

grunty-motor

grunty-motor
  • Club Member
  • 3136 posts

BUT - if i trade in against a new Yaris.............£23,217

• SEVE - RS and Vorgem like this

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5680 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

£19105......ouch, wtf!

Thought people were saying RS prices were on the increase..... don't look like it!

WBAC valuations are algorithm based using auction data - it doesn't take spec in to consideration so they are either all treated as base spec or avg at best.

As others have mentioned you've missed the boat a little bit on the good prices - but that's only if you were going to sell - and that price is exactly what came out for my old one with 19.5k on the clock so perhaps drive it a bit more and enjoy it and not worry about the value.

It's pretty much been a quick climb and a similar fall back in prices for most interesting cars, summer has ended, Lockdown 2.0 and obviously the worry about jobs/furlough/no deal brexit all add to the situation.

bezzer

bezzer
  • Forum User
  • 46 posts
  • Warwickshire
  • Ian
  • Owns:A45 AMG

£19105......ouch, wtf!

Thought people were saying RS prices were on the increase..... don't look like it!

I was pretty lucky when I sold mine over the summer. It was a 17 plate with 22k miles. WBAC offered me £24k after a physical examination. I sold it privately for more than that.

At the time the WBAC prices were increasing daily. This was probably due to Lockdown finishing, people returning to work and it being summer.

If I was you and you were going to sell it, wait until Spring.

Out of interest I've just put the details in of the car I sold in July and it's come back with £21,010

• grunty-motor likes this

fforddman

fforddman
  • Club Member
  • 202 posts
  • Conwy
  • andrew

it probably is to do with time of year along with other things, i got a value of just under 22k in june for my sept 2016 with mid 30's on the clock, was looking at getting a 1M but that was foiled when my engine gave up  :facepalm:  a couple of weeks later and it would have been someone else issue  :smile:  and i'd have a beast of a car on the drive ever increasing in value  :facepalm:

Topcatrs2000

Topcatrs2000
  • Club Member
  • 103 posts
  • Dorset
  • Tony
  • Owns:Blue limited edition
Just done my 2018 67 plate limited edition with 9400 miles, came back with £26,270
  • madrab likes this

madrab

madrab
  • Club Member
  • 2516 posts
  • Belfast

Just done my 2018 67 plate limited edition with 9400 miles, came back with £26,270

Ouch lol

Tom Stevenson

Tom Stevenson
  • Club Member
  • 262 posts

Just done my 18(67) plate with WBAC and only £22600, not selling just interested to see where it is sitting on valuation. My car is not standard, so they could shove that valuation lol. Interesting the variations on the valuations of some members cars, not sure how they can be that far out in some cases??  Cheers Tom 

Pegasus

Pegasus
  • Forum User
  • 81 posts
  • Mike

Just sold my unmodified 2016 car, 35000 miles for £22450 via Autotrader.   

Genuinely really nice condition due to mostly motorway miles.  

I'd never sell to them but over the last 2 months WBAC offered me £21.2k, £21k, £17,8, £19k & last week refused to quote due to 'unknown factors in the market' but 1 day later offered me £18k.

Really enjoyed the car, spent a lot of time in it.  Each to their own but seeing 5 year old cars for sale with very very low miles makes me think the owners have really missed out.

If Ford had been bringing out a new version I think I'd have put a deposit down right away. 

Anyway as an antidote to the announced banning of new Petrol cars from 2030 I have ordered a Yaris GR. 

The Yaris may be the last hurrah as most mainstream manufactures are shying away from anything like that.   Plus it is the the first proper 'homologation special' for years!  

• cardy RS, Ian J and eqcons like this

bezzer

bezzer
  • Forum User
  • 46 posts
  • Warwickshire
  • Ian
  • Owns:A45 AMG

Just sold my unmodified 2016 car, 35000 miles for £22450 via Autotrader.   

Genuinely really nice condition due to mostly motorway miles.  

I'd never sell to them but over the last 2 months WBAC offered me £21.2k, £21k, £17,8, £19k & last week refused to quote due to 'unknown factors in the market' but 1 day later offered me £18k.

Really enjoyed the car, spent a lot of time in it.  Each to their own but seeing 5 year old cars for sale with very very low miles makes me think the owners have really missed out.

If Ford had been bringing out a new version I think I'd have put a deposit down right away. 

Anyway as an antidote to the announced banning of new Petrol cars from 2030 I have ordered a Yaris GR. 

The Yaris may be the last hurrah as most mainstream manufactures are shying away from anything like that.   Plus it is the the first proper 'homologation special' for years!  

Out of interest, did you go for a Yaris with the convenience pack or for the Circuit pack? Have to say I'm very tempted to order one as well.

Pegasus

Pegasus
  • Forum User
  • 81 posts
  • Mike
The circuit pack, no point messing around 😏. To be honest Im not even that keen on its looks so how it drives is even more important. All reports so far suggest itll be a right load of fun.

I ordered my Focus without seeing one in the flesh too, I must be too easily impressed!
  • bezzer likes this

UK jon

UK jon
  • Club Member
  • 1923 posts
  • Essex
  • Jonathan
  • Owns:m450

Once we have seen the back door of Covid and the economy is back on its feet after Brexit, I think the Mk3 will have its day.

I certainly would not sell now.

Regards 

• Jah-RS, HEW, Tom Stevenson and 1 other like this

Ultimate Green RS

Ultimate Green RS
  • Forum User
  • 2366 posts
  • London
  • Gav

£19105......ouch, wtf!😩

Thought people were saying RS prices were on the increase..... don't look like it!😡

I hate their adverts, especially the first ones with that stupid flipping irritating music. They are a bunch of cowboys imo, they offered ridiculous prices for the mk2 around 10 years ago. I remember some members here were offered stupid prices of around £15k when they were selling for £22k or more.

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5680 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

I hate their adverts, especially the first ones with that stupid flipping irritating music. They are a bunch of cowboys imo, they offered ridiculous prices for the mk2 around 10 years ago. I remember some members here were offered stupid prices of around £15k when they were selling for £22k or more.

As I said earlier in the thread - prices are all algorithm generated from auction prices with no consideration for spec, it's obviously a business model that works in general but perhaps not what you can bung an RS or anything interesting in and expect an accurate valuation.

rs_steve_ug

rs_steve_ug
  • Forum User
  • 837 posts
  • Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK2 Focus RS UG.

WBAC....why does anyone look on there. That site is for desperate people or people who are clueless about prices.

• Ultimate Green RS and superted like this

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5680 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

WBAC....why does anyone look on there. That site is for desperate people or people who are clueless about prices.

And in lots of cases you can actually get more than what you'd get as a dealer px price - so a useful option, but for most on here it's all about getting a valuation for no particular reason.

graeme

graeme
  • Club Member
  • 3574 posts
  • romford
  • Graeme

we got £500 more from WBAC than we was offered against trade in from a main dealer on my wifes old Fiat 500.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users