thepedagogue

thepedagogue
  • Club Member
  • 916 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Frank

@Tookes

I could not agree more.

Call this a lockdown they may as well left everything open.

On today of all days when we remember not only those who gave their lives in the service of their country but those who suffered severe hardship at home, it seems spurious that some people can't find it inside themselves to isolate for the good of their families and those they know.

Such a hardship by comparison, a warm house, a soft chair, netflix, plenty of food and a minimum payment to keep things afloat.

What is this country coming to? I could try to blame the government, but ultimately the solution rests entirely in the hands of each and every one of us.

Take responsibility people!!!!!!

• peteg22, old bloke, Tookes and 2 others like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

thepedagogue

thepedagogue
  • Club Member
  • 916 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Frank

So here we are, our low incidence area (Hampshire) looking like its catching up with the North-West. For all the world it appears that the NW were just ahead of other areas and the inescapable conclusion that a general lockdown rather than the tiers would have been far more effective. Lets not even talk about the two week circuit breaker that was proposed some time ago!!!

Despite the assurances we have been getting in the past week or so I can't help feeling that once again the action taken is too late.

The scientists can be blamed if that suits, but its the politicians who must make the decisions, and it appears the in-fighting in No 10 has just got in the way.

This is no way to run a government in normal times never mind a crisis such as we are living through.

fforddman

fforddman
  • Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Conwy
  • andrew

It'll all come out in the wash with this scamdemic, as we're already seeing with government giving away billions of pounds to companies for ppe contracts of which some politicians have vested interests in   :nice:  I'm not condoning people flouting the rules btw as it does my :censored: head in when they just wander around asda or tesco without their mask on after parking in the disabled spot closest to the door  :mad: but the figures of those who have died or infected are as false as a politicians speech, 3 relatives from my brothers wifes side of the family have passed away through the summer of non covid related illnesses and each time the relevant authorities tried to put covid on the death certificate as the cause of death but the family refused, how many others has this happened to and let it go or not known till it was too late, it will be thousands not hundreds, i i know of people who have tested positive one day and negative a few days later and even one that had a text to say they were positive and they've not even had a test  :facepalm: call me sceptical but it's hard not be be when you have facts presented to you  :nice:  i'm not saying there isn't a virus but it's not what we're being led to believe for whatever reason that is  :nope:

• rsdude likes this

Kaxe

Kaxe
  • Club Member
  • 9723 posts
  • South Central
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FPM375 Red Edition

I feel sorry for all the local British businesses and pubs that have gone under in my area... :sob: 

All run by local, nice, honest people too... -_-

• Stevieb likes this

thepedagogue

thepedagogue
  • Club Member
  • 916 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Frank

@fforddman

It'll all come out in the wash with this scamdemic, as we're already seeing with government giving away billions of pounds to companies for ppe contracts of which some politicians have vested interests in   :nice:  I'm not condoning people flouting the rules btw as it does my :censored: head in when they just wander around asda or tesco without their mask on after parking in the disabled spot closest to the door  :mad: but the figures of those who have died or infected are as false as a politicians speech, 3 relatives from my brothers wifes side of the family have passed away through the summer of non covid related illnesses and each time the relevant authorities tried to put covid on the death certificate as the cause of death but the family refused, how many others has this happened to and let it go or not known till it was too late, it will be thousands not hundreds, i i know of people who have tested positive one day and negative a few days later and even one that had a text to say they were positive and they've not even had a test  :facepalm: call me sceptical but it's hard not be be when you have facts presented to you  :nice:  i'm not saying there isn't a virus but it's not what we're being led to believe for whatever reason that is  :nope:

Its so easy to generalise from very limited information. TBH that's how conspiracy theories gain traction.

We all have experiences of the virus, but to make them a stick with which to measure what's happening around the country is both reckless and foolish. There are just too many people, some gullible, and some who want to believe for their own reasons. In both cases if these convictions lead to irresponsible behaviours we're all going to be in trouble for a very long time.

• Tc248carl likes this

fforddman

fforddman
  • Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Conwy
  • andrew

@fforddman

Its so easy to generalise from very limited information. TBH that's how conspiracy theories gain traction.

We all have experiences of the virus, but to make them a stick with which to measure what's happening around the country is both reckless and foolish. There are just too many people, some gullible, and some who want to believe for their own reasons. In both cases if these convictions lead to irresponsible behaviours we're all going to be in trouble for a very long time.

Not sure how you came to the assumption of my "very limited information" , the information i shared re a family experience is only 1 of a number of similar experiences of others i have spoken to about the same subject not to mention goings on with false test results, i'm not into conspiracy theories just want to get the facts out there of whats going on and unless people like myself share these facts everyone else just assumes what they're being told by government and media must be true  :bow:  and that in itself is the most foolish and reckless thing anyone can do, accept what we're being told and assume it must be true  :nice:

Anyhoooooo i'm off to queue up for the life saving get our life back to normal vaccine :thumbsup:   :rofl:

thepedagogue

thepedagogue
  • Club Member
  • 916 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Frank

@fforddman

Not sure how you came to the assumption of my "very limited information" , the information i shared re a family experience is only 1 of a number of similar experiences of others i have spoken to about the same subject not to mention goings on with false test results, i'm not into conspiracy theories just want to get the facts out there of whats going on and unless people like myself share these facts everyone else just assumes what they're being told by government and media must be true  :bow:  and that in itself is the most foolish and reckless thing anyone can do, accept what we're being told and assume it must be true  :nice:

Anyhoooooo i'm off to queue up for the life saving get our life back to normal vaccine :thumbsup:   :rofl:

Sorry to be contradictory, but "one of a number of similar experiences" really isn't much of a valid sample. I also want to be aware of the facts, but due to the way our data is being presented they are difficult to obtain.

I agree that simply accepting what you're told by the government is not going to clarify anything, their track record throughout this crisis has been appalling. That said peddling personal experiences as substantial facts isn't really much better.

For my part I've been trying to keep up to date through Worldometer where the declared totals for each country are presented so its possible to see how each country compares to the others. I know the "get out" our government is using about "we count differently" but at least I can make my own judgement with bare numbers. TBH it really doesn't look good no matter how they count!!

So don't take offence, I think we are singing from a very similar hymn sheet.

fforddman

fforddman
  • Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Conwy
  • andrew

@fforddman

Sorry to be contradictory, but "one of a number of similar experiences" really isn't much of a valid sample. I also want to be aware of the facts, but due to the way our data is being presented they are difficult to obtain.

I agree that simply accepting what you're told by the government is not going to clarify anything, their track record throughout this crisis has been appalling. That said peddling personal experiences as substantial facts isn't really much better.

For my part I've been trying to keep up to date through Worldometer where the declared totals for each country are presented so its possible to see how each country compares to the others. I know the "get out" our government is using about "we count differently" but at least I can make my own judgement with bare numbers. TBH it really doesn't look good no matter how they count!!

So don't take offence, I think we are singing from a very similar hymn sheet.

well sorry to disagree with your contradictory thought but my "one of a number of similar experiences" is more than valid :nice: try telling that to the families of the people who have passed away this year from  non covid illnesses that have had covid put on their death certificate or been forced to try have it put down as the cause of death, absolute disgrace in anyones mind  :mad: as i said my personal experiences are just one of similar experiences i'm aware of and i'm not pedalling anything btw just passing on facts, not substantial ones   :nice:  and for you to turn around and suggest what I've said is no better than the appalling  governments track record of this whole fiasco is quite frankly a disgrace in itself, good job i'm a rational kind of fella or i'd take offence to that  :nice:

All i can say is the more people that get on the same hymn sheet which is the opposites to the government and medias one the better  :nice:

• thepedagogue likes this

thepedagogue

thepedagogue
  • Club Member
  • 916 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Frank

I think that if you read any post I've made about the pandemic you will see that I am vehemently opposed to both conspiracy theories/theorists and the gross misinformation supplied by the government. That said any personal experience is exactly that - personal - and as such should not in itself be grounds for a more generalised statement about what is actually happening around the country.

It is desperately sad when anyone's family member dies as a result of the virus, especially where is could have been avoided - I think of care homes in particular.

I guess I'm saying I understand your frustration, but don't necessarily agree with your assessment based on your own experiences.

That isn't a disgrace, its an objective assessment of what you suggested.

rs_steve_ug

rs_steve_ug
  • Club Member
  • 782 posts
  • Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK2 Focus RS UG.

At last....someone on here with a brain  :thumbsup:

• rsdude and fforddman like this

rs_steve_ug

rs_steve_ug
  • Club Member
  • 782 posts
  • Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK2 Focus RS UG.

well sorry to disagree with your contradictory thought but my "one of a number of similar experiences" is more than valid :nice: try telling that to the families of the people who have passed away this year from  non covid illnesses that have had covid put on their death certificate or been forced to try have it put down as the cause of death, absolute disgrace in anyones mind  :mad: as i said my personal experiences are just one of similar experiences i'm aware of and i'm not pedalling anything btw just passing on facts, not substantial ones   :nice:  and for you to turn around and suggest what I've said is no better than the appalling  governments track record of this whole fiasco is quite frankly a disgrace in itself, good job i'm a rational kind of fella or i'd take offence to that  :nice:

All i can say is the more people that get on the same hymn sheet which is the opposites to the government and medias one the better  :nice:

You`re gonna find you`re better off banging your head against a brick wall than trying to convince a lot of the sheep on here that we`re being played. 

Attached File  Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 13.10.35.png   586.24KB   0 downloads

• rsdude and fforddman like this

FRST STU

FRST STU
  • Forum User
  • 67 posts
  • stuart
My advice to everyone is do your own research, and don't just take what the government and the BBC, ITV, SKY News etc are saying, then after looking else where for information make a balanced opinion on what is really going on.
  • Kaxe, rsdude and fforddman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users