Need decent cameras for night time - Computer and Technology - Focus RS Owners Club

Need decent cameras for night time

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Topcatrs2000

Topcatrs2000
  • Club Member
  • 84 posts
  • Dorset
  • Tony
  • Owns:Blue limited edition
I maybe paranoid but I had a white van stop 3 houses away and the guy in a hiviz vest got out with a torch and walked on my drive and walked by, it was 2.24 in the morning, this morning a white van arrived at 4.09 and stopped outside my drive,went forward, reversed, went forward, then reversed back up the road, then came forward slowly and left.I have 2 hive cameras out the front but they can't pick up the
Number plate and they are only 1080 cameras, is there any which could pick this up at night, many thanks in advance for your help

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Kaxe

Kaxe
  • Club Member
  • 9679 posts
  • South Central
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FPM375 Red Edition

I would usually say probably a delivery driver and not to worry too much... but at that time of night! :blink: Nope! :nope:

Yeah it would be worth getting something clearer buddy to catch them... :yep:  :shoot: :poke:  :busted:

:nice:

• Topcatrs2000 likes this

Topcatrs2000

Topcatrs2000
  • Club Member
  • 84 posts
  • Dorset
  • Tony
Looks like the same van, long wheel base transit,I thought maybe a delivery guy, but at 2.24am and no parcels on him and then to come back 2 days later at 4.09am,
Was thinking of getting spotlight with motion sensor to try and get better video, but then will go off with cats, would stay up tonight, my luck he won't come back lol
  • Kaxe likes this

Kaxe

Kaxe
  • Club Member
  • 9679 posts
  • South Central
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FPM375 Red Edition

Oh dear... :mad: 

LOL yeah blimming cats set my outside lights off all the time :laughing:  :poke:

philjs

philjs
  • Club Member
  • 4513 posts

I maybe paranoid but I had a white van stop 3 houses away and the guy in a hiviz vest got out with a torch and walked on my drive and walked by, it was 2.24 in the morning, this morning a white van arrived at 4.09 and stopped outside my drive,went forward, reversed, went forward, then reversed back up the road, then came forward slowly and left.I have 2 hive cameras out the front but they can't pick up the
Number plate and they are only 1080 cameras, is there any which could pick this up at night, many thanks in advance for your help

So have you reported it?   101 is intended for intelligence such as suspected intended crimes and what little patrols are out there these days might then be primed and ready.

Topcatrs2000

Topcatrs2000
  • Club Member
  • 84 posts
  • Dorset
  • Tony
Got a policeman next door, says he's going to have a word about it, didn't say I had to report it
  • philjs likes this

graeme

graeme
  • Club Member
  • 3508 posts
  • romford
  • Graeme

We have a milkman that delivers all times of night hes woke me up at 3 and 4 in morning and hes got an electric van  :yep:

Alb

Alb
  • Club Member
  • 2943 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

What distance would you be trying to read the plate from Tony?

Topcatrs2000

Topcatrs2000
  • Club Member
  • 84 posts
  • Dorset
  • Tony
About 15 ft,our road is like a horse shoe shape off a side road with about 10 houses both sides so you wouldn't use it as a cut through as it comes back out on the same road

Cold Fusion

Cold Fusion
  • Club Member
  • 1052 posts
  • North Wales
  • Nigel

A company called Homeguard do a good night vision camera it will record in colour during daylight and in black and white during the hours of darkness with a range of 30 meters. I paid £40.00 each for the 2 I fitted to my daughters house, the after dark pictures are very clear and cannot be flash stalled by one of these laser pointers.

Topcatrs2000

Topcatrs2000
  • Club Member
  • 84 posts
  • Dorset
  • Tony
Cheers guys, looking like a false alarm, a neibours son 3 doors up delivers the local echo and the white van arrived again at 4.22 today, parked 2 houses past
mine and walked back up the road with possible papers, must be a different driver as they don't stop outside there house,just weird that the driver on Tuesday morning
walked up my drive with nothing in there hands, thanks again
  • graeme and PaulG like this

Rusty

Rusty
  • Club Member
  • 2186 posts
  • Russ
  • Owns:MR375+
If a newbie to the round then maybe checking the house number before making the drop ?
  • graeme likes this

rs_steve_ug

rs_steve_ug
  • Club Member
  • 777 posts
  • Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK2 Focus RS UG.

So have you reported it?   101 is intended for intelligence such as suspected intended crimes and what little patrols are out there these days might then be primed and ready.

Haha, those clowns wouldn`t be interested if it was stolen, let alone suspicion of theft!

• graeme and thepedagogue like this

Flying Fish

Flying Fish
  • Club Member
  • 1627 posts
  • Kent
  • Clive
  • Owns:Mk 3 RS (FW)

What better cover could you have than as a delivery driver just clocking the various different cars and where they are normally parked to pass onto a Car crime gang ! whilst your doing your job ! Saves the scumbags them having to do it themselves !

If you report it then who knows what piece of the jigsaw your providing ! several others may have already noticed this "suspicious" behaviour !  

Steve @rs_steve_ug You don't know that, it's your opinion !!!! 

• philjs and thepedagogue like this

PaulG

PaulG
  • Club Member
  • 315 posts

We've got a few Ring cameras and they're good enough to capture number plates at night.

• Cold Fusion likes this

rs_steve_ug

rs_steve_ug
  • Club Member
  • 777 posts
  • Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK2 Focus RS UG.

Steve @rs_steve_ug You don't know that, it's your opinion !!!! 

:laughing:  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users