PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph
  • Owns:Ford Focus RS MK2

Hi everyone, my name is Steph  :nice:

i currently got a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X and i think i'm gonna move on, on a Ford Focus RS mk2, always loved thoses cars  :yep:  :thumbsup:

i see one with full options, ultimate green :mf_dribble: but with 80'000 km, do you think it's a lot ?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english ^^

• wazzie likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Mad Paddy

Mad Paddy
  • Club Member
  • 1324 posts
  • Galway
  • Phil
  • Owns:FW focus RS
Welcome to the club

Mileage wouldnt put me off,roughly 50k miles along as condition and paperwork all match up.

Came from a impreza P1, and I've not looked back or missed it
  • Dave276, wazzie and PatoBrabo like this

Tookes

Tookes
  • Forum User
  • 681 posts
  • Northamptonshire
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2
Welcome and great choice of car👍🏻 I would love to drive a mk2 in Switzerland beautiful scenery and roads. Dont let mileage put you off as long as condition and history are good then it will be fine. If you get the Mk2 just make sure to give it a full service and all the belts done.
  • wazzie and PatoBrabo like this

richrsf

richrsf
  • Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • louth lincs
  • richard
Welcome Steph ,as above dont let mileage put you off ,just make sure timing belt has been changed and all aux belts ,if it has service history you will be fine cheers rich
  • Dave276, wazzie and PatoBrabo like this

wazzie

wazzie
  • Club Member
  • 409 posts
  • Wayne

Hi steph. Welcome.

• PatoBrabo likes this

Rusty

Rusty
  • Club Member
  • 2186 posts
  • Russ
  • Owns:MR375+
Welcome Steph

As above 50k is no problem, belts etc are due around now for 2010 plate cars so check see of its been done or if its due, on a 2009 car it should of already been done
  • Dave276 and PatoBrabo like this

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 12981 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

:welcome: Steph

Mileage wouldn't concern me as long as the car has been looked after. I had my MK2 RS from new and has now covered 67k miles so 108,000 km with Mountune MR 375 conversion in 2013, car drives still like new. 

• Dave276 and PatoBrabo like this

PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph

Thanks everybody for the answers and advices  :nice:

trains125

trains125
  • Club Member
  • 217 posts
  • Surrey
  • Andy
  • Owns:Focus RS MK3
Hello and welcome
  • PatoBrabo likes this

philjs

philjs
  • Club Member
  • 4513 posts

Welcome.

• PatoBrabo likes this

Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop
  • Forum User
  • 844 posts
  • Forster, NSW Australia
  • Robert
  • Owns:ST225 with RS Lump

Steph, these engines were made to do 250,000 miles, provided they're looked after and serviced thoroughly. What you're looking at is a baby still.

• PatoBrabo likes this

PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph

Steph, these engines were made to do 250,000 miles, provided they're looked after and serviced thoroughly. What you're looking at is a baby still.

Thanks Robert, this forum reassured me for the mileage, they are strong motors  :nice: let see if i get one in a few weeks  :thumbsup:

richrsf

richrsf
  • Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • louth lincs
  • richard
Hi steph ,bumped into 3 guys from Switzerland the day before ford fair last year ,driven over from Switzerland,a bit of inspiration for you cheers rich

Attached Files

• DustyRS and PatoBrabo like this

DustyRS

DustyRS
  • Forum User
  • 4809 posts
  • East London
  • Brian

Hello Matey   :yep:

• PatoBrabo likes this

PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph

Hi steph ,bumped into 3 guys from Switzerland the day before ford fair last year ,driven over from Switzerland,a bit of inspiration for you cheers rich

nice cars  :thumbsup:

PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph
Hi guys,

Today i test drive a Focus RS Mk2, i really love it, as my girlfriend too ahah

The car got all the services done, if i buy the car all the belt are gonna to be changed =)

Just a little bit of rust in the rear arch right, do you think it's a lot ? The garage is gonna to do something for that if i buy it ^^

Attached Files

• Tookes likes this

Tookes

Tookes
  • Forum User
  • 681 posts
  • Northamptonshire
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2
It does look like its been sprayed over before with overspray on the arch liner? If they do sort it for you its not a cheap and easy job especially as its a 3 stage pearl? If it has rust there it will more then likely have rust in between the rear bumper where it meets the arch? It cost me £800 for both my rear arches to be done and they sprayed the whole rear quarter but mines blue and UG will be more expensive to sort. Make sure they can match the paint and take it back to bare metal. Its not something that cant be fixed if all else is ok 👍🏻
  • Mad Paddy and PatoBrabo like this

PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph

It does look like its been sprayed over before with overspray on the arch liner? If they do sort it for you its not a cheap and easy job especially as its a 3 stage pearl? If it has rust there it will more then likely have rust in between the rear bumper where it meets the arch? It cost me £800 for both my rear arches to be done and they sprayed the whole rear quarter but mines blue and UG will be more expensive to sort. Make sure they can match the paint and take it back to bare metal. Its not something that cant be fixed if all else is ok

Thanks for the answer Chris, yeah it's look like it has been sprayed before. thanks for the advice  :nice: i'm gonna watch that 

Kaxe

Kaxe
  • Club Member
  • 9679 posts
  • South Central
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FPM375 Red Edition

:welcome: :bye:

• PatoBrabo likes this

PatoBrabo

PatoBrabo
  • Club Member
  • 31 posts
  • Switzerland
  • Stéph

Hi guys 

thuesday i went try a Ford Focus RS MK3 just to know how this thing goes and to make sure that the MK2 is the right one for me :p and it is.

MK3 is fun but it's doesn't get that road presence as the MK2 and i also prefer a lot the sound of the five pot  :thumbsup:

i'm gonna get my MK2 in september if everything goes right  :thumbsup:

• Kaxe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users