• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RS JACK

RS JACK
  • Forum User
  • 886 posts
  • North West
  • Jack

so it looks like BTCC is going ahead this year and is going start at Donnington beginning of august. Oulton park is my closest track and I'm glad tbh because I think its one of the best tracks if not the best.

http://www.btcc.net/...-btcc-calendar/

• Philb and Mad Paddy like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Mad Paddy

Mad Paddy
  • Club Member
  • 1221 posts
  • Galway
  • Phil
  • Owns:FW focus RS
I for is glad to see some form of motorsport is back
  • RS JACK likes this

RS JACK

RS JACK
  • Forum User
  • 886 posts
  • North West
  • Jack

I for is glad to see some form of motorsport is back

I don't follow it as much as I used to when I was younger but its still a good day out with the lads, gives us something to look forward to during all this :censored:

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2182 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS
If the season does go ahead, there is a strong chance the first few rounds will be run behind closed doors. I would also imagine, ticket sales will be restricted and tracks will have to find ways of getting people in and out of the circuits whilst still enforcing social distancing. There is also the problem over toilet facilities too as they only have one door serving as entrance and exit.
I normally go to 4 or 5 meetings, I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't be going to any this year.

Mad Paddy

Mad Paddy
  • Club Member
  • 1221 posts
  • Galway
  • Phil
  • Owns:FW focus RS
TV coverage will be the answer to alot of folk
While not attending a live event and atmosphere is what brings people out to events. Suppose it's a sign of making positive steps forward again

RS JACK

RS JACK
  • Forum User
  • 886 posts
  • North West
  • Jack

If the season does go ahead, there is a strong chance the first few rounds will be run behind closed doors. I would also imagine, ticket sales will be restricted and tracks will have to find ways of getting people in and out of the circuits whilst still enforcing social distancing. There is also the problem over toilet facilities too as they only have one door serving as entrance and exit.
I normally go to 4 or 5 meetings, I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't be going to any this year.

I can't see much info on their website unless I am looking in the wrong place, I will wait til closer the time and see what's happening with the world

Tc248carl

Tc248carl
  • Club Member
  • 244 posts
  • North Yorkshire
  • Carl.Chafer
  • Owns:Mk 2 RS Focus
My understanding is it is behind closed doors but will be live on itv 4 and possibly some on ch 5...was going to clash with tour de France or something like that...me and my lad have tickets to superbikes at brands in July....all racing there is cancelled up to a week before it..hoping they make their mind up so i can cancel.my accomodation

5_Pot_Pops

5_Pot_Pops
  • Club Member
  • 228 posts
  • Scotland South
  • Gordon

Good to see this leading 'General Topic Discussion' instead of  :f: Corona Virus.

• RS JACK, Philb and Tc248carl like this

RS JACK

RS JACK
  • Forum User
  • 886 posts
  • North West
  • Jack

it is still 3 months away I suppose anything could happen between now and then but I would imagine most sports this year will either be behind closed doors or a no go

Good to see this leading 'General Topic Discussion' instead of  :f: Corona Virus.

im sick to death of seeing that coronavirus thread tbh, I just hope the admin delete it soon 

• Tc248carl likes this

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2182 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS

My understanding is it is behind closed doors but will be live on itv 4 and possibly some on ch 5...was going to clash with tour de France or something like that...me and my lad have tickets to superbikes at brands in July....all racing there is cancelled up to a week before it..hoping they make their mind up so i can cancel.my accomodation

I very much doubt it will be shown on Ch5. ITV have the rights until 2024.

Philb

Philb
  • Club Member
  • 294 posts
  • phil

so it looks like BTCC is going ahead this year and is going start at Donnington beginning of august. Oulton park is my closest track and I'm glad tbh because I think its one of the best tracks if not the best.

Oulton is also my local circuit, try to get to 3 or 4 meetings a season, just the club racing really although the Gold Cup August bank holiday is worth a visit. Great circuit as you said. Not sure if we are going to see any action this year but there’s still a chance.

old bloke

old bloke
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Cheshire green belt
  • phillip

I will get my Oulton Park season pass out of cold storage in that case.  :nice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users