5 replies to this topic

Jimmers

Jimmers
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
  • Carnoustie
  • James
  • Owns:Mk1 focus rs
My focus has recently started to like missfire worse in lower gears and when hot Ive tryed other coils leads maf sensor has been smoke tested new denso plugs gapped new fuel filter its had new dump valve new boost solenoid if u just drive normal and dont just plant the foot its fine any1 had any similar problems PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Bigwod

Bigwod
  • Club Member
  • 922 posts
  • Shropshire
  • John
Sounds like it may need to go on a rolling road to be professionally sorted

SEVE - RS

SEVE - RS
  • Club Member
  • 1185 posts
  • Steve
  • Owns:Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3
@Jimmers what type/make of dump valve have you fitted. As i recall the Mk1 engine doesn't like aftermarket or different types of valves.
  • paulthemilk likes this

old bloke

old bloke
  • Forum User
  • 70 posts
  • Cheshire green belt
  • phillip

I had a problem on mine many years ago where it was stuttering as you tried to increase the revs ready to change to a higher gear. The problem was cured by fitting a new throttle potentiometer !  

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 12903 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

The MK1 was prone to a misfire but that was at mid to higher rev range. That was due to a software problem that Ford never sorted out going from AE to AF.

Ronaldinio

Ronaldinio
  • Club Member
  • 349 posts
  • Ronnie

My focus has recently started to like missfire worse in lower gears and when hot Ive tryed other coils leads maf sensor has been smoke tested new denso plugs gapped new fuel filter its had new dump valve new boost solenoid if u just drive normal and dont just plant the foot its fine any1 had any similar problems PLEASE HELP

My advice pal would be speak to Pete @ Demon performance centre he is the master  :yep:

• Kaxe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users