Security Cameras

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Silverback

Silverback
  • Club Member
  • 2543 posts
  • Jimmy
Finally got around to getting some home security cameras. The Mrs found some on Amazon and I have to say they are good value for money and very simple to use. The ones we have set up are indoor ones and the exterior of the property is next on my to do list. Linked to our phones so can be viewed at anytime throughout the day. Also sends you alerts if motion is detected. I feel a little more at ease now. Ive attached a shot of the one in my garage. Car has been in there for months and by the looks of it will be there for a few more with the country in lockdown :facepalm:

Attached File  F4F0F379-24B5-43B1-B4C0-CFB6EF09CE6D.jpeg   117.8KB   1 downloads
  • RS-Kel, graeme, oilcosworth and 3 others like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

graeme

graeme
  • Club Member
  • 3471 posts
  • romford
  • Graeme

Finally got around to getting some home security cameras. The Mrs found some on Amazon and I have to say they are good value for money and very simple to use. The ones we have set up are indoor ones and the exterior of the property is next on my to do list. Linked to our phones so can be viewed at anytime throughout the day. Also sends you alerts if motion is detected. I feel a little more at ease now. Ive attached a shot of the one in my garage. Car has been in there for months and by the looks of it will be there for a few more with the country in lockdown :facepalm:

attachicon.gifF4F0F379-24B5-43B1-B4C0-CFB6EF09CE6D.jpeg

Is that a Chelsea flag I spy  :wink:

• Silverback likes this

Silverback

Silverback
  • Club Member
  • 2543 posts
  • Jimmy
@graeme

Yes :wink:
  • graeme likes this

RichardMauritius

RichardMauritius
  • Club Member
  • 158 posts
  • Mauritius
  • Richard
  • Owns:RS Mk2 JWR100

Come on you Gunners! Sorry Jimmy, couldn't help it :wink:

Great man cave you've got going on there Jimmy. Nice one :nice:

• Silverback likes this

Bigwod

Bigwod
  • Club Member
  • 934 posts
  • Shropshire
  • John
I haven’t got any cameras , my neighbour does he’s constantly watching me like Norman Bates out of the window when I walk past it to go up the back garden it beeps on device keep thinking about getting some but then I’m the same as him, that camera silverback does look good for personal use not spying on the neighbour spec.
  • Silverback likes this

BullRS

BullRS
  • Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Dublin
  • Damien
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2
Attached File  A2BDE907-1859-411B-B4C8-81E02D796970.png   706.91KB   0 downloads

Always nice to check in and see all is ok 😁
  • RS-Kel and Silverback like this

philjs

philjs
  • Club Member
  • 4492 posts

I haven’t got any cameras , my neighbour does he’s constantly watching me like Norman Bates out of the window when I walk past it to go up the back garden it beeps on device keep thinking about getting some but then I’m the same as him, that camera silverback does look good for personal use not spying on the neighbour spec.

Ask them if their system 1) records activity on your property, and if so 2) do they comply with GDPR.

On the flip side one day it might capture some video footage of activity on your property you want the police to investigate.

RS-Kel

RS-Kel
  • Club Member
  • 3182 posts
  • North West
  • Owns:Several Cars

they look pretty good - any links :) 

easy to fit/set up etc?

torquewrench

torquewrench
  • Club Member
  • 779 posts
  • London and the South East
  • steve
Looks a decent quality image Jimmy. What is it like at night?

Bigwod

Bigwod
  • Club Member
  • 934 posts
  • Shropshire
  • John

Ask them if their system 1) records activity on your property, and if so 2) do they comply with GDPR.

On the flip side one day it might capture some video footage of activity on your property you want the police to investigate.

I’ve had the police down twice and won’t help , solicitor letter made them slightly change the angle but I can tell over the months they’ve been moved many times , trees chopped down etc to expose me and the Mrs , we had an incident when they tried to claim a shared path as there own claiming possession and a 12 year rule only problem for them was they where lying and after 2 years and about to go to tribunal court they pulled out having to pay my substantial costs , they have been after revenge and trying to be awkward ever since, I said last year if someone commits a crime I’ll use there cameras to inform police , he replied that will be the night they are turned off , very petty couple .

Silverback

Silverback
  • Club Member
  • 2543 posts
  • Jimmy
@torquewrench

Looks a decent quality image Jimmy. What is it like at night?

It’s ok, I’ll take a night time shot later and post it up :wink:
  • graeme likes this

torquewrench

torquewrench
  • Club Member
  • 779 posts
  • steve
This is mine. No windows in my garage.

Attached File  Screenshot_20200402-130455.jpg   64.68KB   0 downloads
  • philjs, RS-Kel and Silverback like this

Scott288

Scott288
  • Club Member
  • 110 posts
  • Blackpool
  • Scott
Heres mine. Thats as close to garage I can get and when the tree green it obscures it somewhat..I do have another 3 covering from front of drive to garage though. System is Hik connect. I am happy with quality 😁Attached File  9D19EA49-BF1E-475F-A561-ED8FE7C8C62F.png   2.05MB   0 downloads
  • philjs, Silverback and elgassi like this

Silverback

Silverback
  • Club Member
  • 2543 posts
  • Jimmy
@torquewrench

Night vision mode :nice:

Attached File  9BCD8BE9-7937-42C9-9DDC-275473F5C81C.jpeg   80.46KB   2 downloads
  • philjs likes this

torquewrench

torquewrench
  • Club Member
  • 779 posts
  • steve

@torquewrench

Night vision mode :nice:

9BCD8BE9-7937-42C9-9DDC-275473F5C81C.jpeg

Not bad at all. 👍👍
  • Silverback likes this

MarkyRS

MarkyRS
  • Club Member
  • 231 posts
  • Northumberland
  • Mark
  • Owns:Focus RS MK2

Attached File  car.png   186.44KB   0 downloads

I need to upgrade this camera, to one of Hikvisions colour vu. They stay in colour 24/7 this picture below is 3am in full colour that i put up yesterday to try, excellent advance in technology.

Attached File  drive.png   299.67KB   0 downloads

• Scott288 likes this

elgassi

elgassi
  • Forum User
  • 1319 posts
  • Perth
  • simon
  • Owns:2010 - MR375 PB Rs

Heres mine. Thats as close to garage I can get and when the tree green it obscures it somewhat..I do have another 3 covering from front of drive to garage though. System is Hik connect. I am happy with quality attachicon.gif9D19EA49-BF1E-475F-A561-ED8FE7C8C62F.png

any links to the HIK connect system you're using, looks real good 

MarkyRS

MarkyRS
  • Club Member
  • 231 posts
  • Northumberland
  • Mark
  • Owns:Focus RS MK2

I buy all my stuff from here really good and help full guys. I do a few installs a month with hikvision https://cctvdirectonline.co.uk/

• elgassi likes this

theneone

theneone
  • Club Member
  • 6544 posts
  • Essex & Hertfordshire
  • Neo
  • Owns:Something fast
There's loads of Hikvision stuff out there for sale that isn't destined for the UK market. And fake. Be careful what you buy and from where.

I was after CCTV for ages and I know Hikvision are good. But they are very expensive. And the installers also very expensive.

I went down a different route. I bought Reolink after a few recommendations from members on here. I bought proper thick cables from Amazon. Cat 5 network cables if I remember correctly. And I paid an electrician to install the system. You don't need a professional installer. Just common sense about where you want the cameras and how you will route the wires. The Reolink is very good. I'm impressed. It came in at more than half the price vs Hikvision. Technology moves so quickly it's not worth putting thousands into this. At about £1,200 ish if I recall (fitted), I have an 8 camera system, 4 of those are 4k and 4 are 5mp. Some are dome, some are bullet. And the mobile app is fantastic. I can download video onto my phone and it's with sound.
  • PNR1864, PerRSFmk3 and elgassi like this

Scott288

Scott288
  • Club Member
  • 110 posts
  • Blackpool
  • Scott

Sorry mate, only just seen this, no Links sorry, my neighbour is a spark she supplied and fitted it, 6 domes and a good size hard drive, £900, got another couple to put up yet, but looking at marky rs post I need to upgrade my front one to one of those colour ones👍
  • elgassi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users