• Please log in to reply
1644 replies to this topic

UK jon

UK jon
  • Club Member
  • 1788 posts
  • Jonathan
  • Owns:m380 Plus+
Will be interesting to see iRS Combe & Ford Fair go ahead this year? According to No 10 the virus will be at its peak in the summer with 8 in every 10 affected by the virus. Govt may have intervened by then and stopped gatherings over 1,000 people as is happening abroad?

Regards

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5594 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

If it develops significantly then yes you'll see large gatherings cancelled, schools closed and perhaps even a 2 week shutdown of all work that isn't deemed neccesary.

I've a road trip planned to California so hoping things have peaked well before then!

Dave276

Dave276
  • Club Member
  • 11277 posts
  • Essex (1st owner PB Mk2)
  • David (Dave)
  • My Focus RS
  • Owns:Mk2 RS (C307)

Good point you raise John, could certainly stop people booking too early, and run the risk of cancelled events.

HEW

HEW
  • Club Member
  • 1644 posts
  • Northants
  • Paul
  • Owns:Nothing special
Ive booked a few already before Xmas :facepalm: as long as Mountune remains open Ill be alright :lol:
  • Jonnyboy, Stu and Tookes like this

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2155 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS

Will be interesting to see iRS Combe & Ford Fair go ahead this year? According to No 10 the virus will be at its peak in the summer with 8 in every 10 affected by the virus. Govt may have intervened by then and stopped gatherings over 1,000 people as is happening abroad?

Regards

If infection reaches as much as 80%, there isn't much point in banning anything.
  • philjs, K30FUS, floz and 3 others like this

Stu Ditchburn

Stu Ditchburn
  • Club Member
  • 63 posts
  • Lerwick
  • Stuart
  • Owns:Focus RS Mk3

It would be good to just get the facts rather than the predictions!!!!

• K30FUS likes this

UK jon

UK jon
  • Club Member
  • 1788 posts
  • Jonathan
  • Owns:m380 Plus+
Sadly first UK death now reported ☹️

Regards

Tc248carl

Tc248carl
  • Club Member
  • 240 posts
  • North Yorkshire
  • Carl.Chafer
  • Owns:Mk 2 RS Focus
We all just need to look after ourselves and wash our hands properly.to be honest I have stopped watching the news...8000 people die of flu every year and we hear nothing.i do feel sorry for those that have underlying health problems and more at risk....I just see some if what's going on as scare mongering...just my thoughts.
  • Gordon, graeme, renny and 5 others like this

old bloke

old bloke
  • Forum User
  • 70 posts
  • Cheshire green belt
  • phillip

We all just need to look after ourselves and wash our hands properly.to be honest I have stopped watching the news...8000 people die of flu every year and we hear nothing.i do feel sorry for those that have underlying health problems and more at risk....I just see some if what's going on as scare mongering...just my thoughts.

Reality check time for me yesterday I have underlying health issues Type 1 Insulin dependant diabetic, hypertension, 2 fights with cancer. Was due to pay the balance on a holiday to the Greek Islands yesterday but instead cancelled holiday and accepted loosing the deposit we had paid , if the virus strikes think I may have a better chance of fighting it on home soil,  

• graeme, JohnD and N20CKB like this

Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop
  • Forum User
  • 832 posts

I'm almost finished a cruise we had already booked long ago. The panic over the virus has ruined the cruise. Ports stopped access, destinations changed, mostly time at sea.

We're seeing reports on news of panic purchase of staple items from grocery stores and even supply problems with toilet paper.

The world has gone mad. Hoarding dunny roll!

• Tom Stevenson and Richiesips like this

grunty-motor

grunty-motor
  • Club Member
  • 2859 posts

My view is there is likely to be more of an impact to the average person from secondary aspects (business going bust, people forced to stay off work, stock markets, etc) than the direct health effects.

I do however understand there are at risk people (my wife and mother fall into those categories due to poor health). The development needs to be spread over as long a time as possible to give people as much chance as possible or the NHS wont cope.

• R5 5KOT, old bloke, Ian J and 1 other like this

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5594 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

My view is there is likely to be more of an impact to the average person from secondary aspects (business going bust, people forced to stay off work, stock markets, etc) than the direct health effects.

I do however understand there are at risk people (my wife and mother fall into those categories due to poor health). The development needs to be spread over as long a time as possible to give people as much chance as possible or the NHS wont cope.

Yep in a nutshell I think you have it.

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 12903 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

I'm almost finished a cruise we had already booked long ago. The panic over the virus has ruined the cruise. Ports stopped access, destinations changed, mostly time at sea.

We're seeing reports on news of panic purchase of staple items from grocery stores and even supply problems with toilet paper.

The world has gone mad. Hoarding dunny roll!

I think that more people will be holidaying at home this year, not too sure I would risk visiting a country that is at risk. On a lighter note there is no shortage of toilet paper where we are in Cornwall. 

Tookes

Tookes
  • Club Member
  • 556 posts
  • Northamptonshire
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2
There are some people buying and re selling hand gel at big profits.. theres no stock lol.. hang your heads in shame what an absolute joke. Some people really annoy me. Mountune also out of stock of hand sanitiser.
  • Ultimate Green RS, HEW and Tom Stevenson like this

Sub2ltr

Sub2ltr
  • Club Member
  • 260 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Owns:R35 GTR

Along with hand wipes and bog roll, what a ridiculous society we made/live in - whats the point in buying toilet paper in bulk??? next it will be (well its actually started already) rice, pasta, baked beans...... if they run out of food - no bog roll required ! 

Still at least there will be no queue at the petrol station, quick better fill up too in-case petrol runs out, oh and avoid the local chinky take away in case you catch it there, best torpedo all cruise ships in mid ocean to be safe, 

Just wash ya hands in hot water with soap - something us oldies were always told anyway, and stop panicking.

• Ultimate Green RS, HEW, Tom Stevenson and 1 other like this

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 12903 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

New in won't be in stock long.

Attached File  IMG_3105.jpeg   142.15KB   0 downloads

• Ultimate Green RS, Mark RS., thestumper and 6 others like this

RS3

RS3
  • Club Member
  • 887 posts
  • West Yorkshire
  • David
^^🤣🤣👏

Kaxe

Kaxe
  • Club Member
  • 9524 posts
  • South Central
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FPM375 Red Edition

It is funny when people have to be babysat... :rolleyes:

Did they not know how to wash their hands before and had to be shown!? :lmao:

The panic buying is ridiculous too as you can't get things you need when people have come along and snatched it all in bulk! :facepalm:

• Ultimate Green RS and Tom Stevenson like this

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5594 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

It is funny when people have to be babysat... :rolleyes:

Did they not know how to wash their hands before and had to be shown!? :lmao:

The panic buying is ridiculous too as you can't get things you need when people have come along and snatched it all in bulk! :facepalm:

I've got 63 toilet rolls, 12 boxes of balsam tissues, 10 Colgate Pro toothpaste, 4.5L of Carex anti-bac handwash (normal for Costco customers so no panic buying) :laughing:

• Dave276 likes this

Mad Paddy

Mad Paddy
  • Club Member
  • 1166 posts
  • Galway
  • Phil
  • Owns:FW focus RS
Just starting to take off over here, not a hint of anti bacterial handset in a shop to be had

Personally I think it's getting blown out of proportion, yet no one will say anything about flu, killed over 100k people last year or pneumonia
  • Ultimate Green RS, Tom Stevenson and Tc248carl like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cold Fusion