• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

spongy

spongy
  • Club Member
  • 785 posts
  • Devon
  • Toni
Did anyone else cry with laughter when that Pontiac fell to bits . If I'm honest I am enjoying this new series
  • dicky 9439, graeme, Gareth350 and 3 others like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

dazh

dazh
  • Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • North Yorkshire
  • Darren
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS
Made me laugh 😂😂

Petenofear

Petenofear
  • Forum User
  • 26 posts
Think these guys are doing well in top gear ,,
Was unsure if going to be any good with out the original lot but there doing well

Love it my self
  • Ultimate Green RS likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22731 posts
  • south east
Yep, laughed at that & when Harris kept braking with Paddy in the passenger seat! :laughing:

Don't care what anyone says, Clarkson & Co are past it now, compared to these 3. :)
  • Ultimate Green RS, K30FUS, Graham Ball and 2 others like this

Ash170990

Ash170990
  • Club Member
  • 1836 posts
  • Near Milton keynes

I havnt watched many episodes since clarkson and co left, couldnt stand Chris Evans so gave up with it. Have been hearing good things about the new series though so may have to give it a watch, think freddie and paddy are funny in other things so will have to give it a go.

Gareth350

Gareth350

• Regional Rep
  • 22731 posts
  • south east
Due to the success of the 3 new presenters, its been announced TG will move to BBC1.

Not sure when but that's a big move & shows confidence in them.

RS JACK

RS JACK
  • Forum User
  • 886 posts
  • North West
  • Jack
I have tried my best to watch but I cannot stand Freddie! I really really want to like it and watch it but I just can’t. Just watched all of grand tour and admittedly wasn’t as good from when they were apart of top gear. Just watching the grand tour seamen series now
  • rs_steve_ug likes this

Tc248carl

Tc248carl
  • Club Member
  • 244 posts
  • North Yorkshire
  • Carl.Chafer
  • Owns:Mk 2 RS Focus

Due to the success of the 3 new presenters, its been announced TG will move to BBC1.

Moving to bbc1 because of something to do with the tv licence and they didnt want to lose it
  • Gareth350 likes this

theneone

theneone
  • Club Member
  • 6544 posts
  • Essex & Hertfordshire
  • Neo
  • Owns:Something fast
I find them like school kids and they're all a bit annoying.
  • Jason Sullivan and rs_steve_ug like this

Jon

Jon
  • Club Member
  • 10201 posts
  • Suffolk
I'm loving the 3 of them. It works for me and that's what matters. I was properly laughing when the rear wheels came off that Pontiac :laughing:

Ultimate Green RS

Ultimate Green RS
  • Club Member
  • 2283 posts
  • London
  • Gav

I love Clarkson and co, but feel they were starting to get boring, everything the same done out thing. I cancelled my Amazon subscription, bought it only for Grand Tour, watched a few of the first season and one of the second. Just didn't have the time to go back and watch the rest and kinda felt a bit switched off sadly. The bit with the person in the river was way too repetitive.

• Petenofear likes this

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5598 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

I love Clarkson and co, but feel they were starting to get boring, everything the same done out thing. I cancelled my Amazon subscription, bought it only for Grand Tour, watched a few of the first season and one of the second. Just didn't have the time to go back and watch the rest and kinda felt a bit switched off sadly. The bit with the person in the river was way too repetitive.

Exactly my thoughts, I still have Prime but never bothered to watch any others after a few of Season 1.

New TG is funny and fresh - if you can't laugh at the Trans Am scene or the Golf range bit  then the problem isn't the TV show :)

• Ultimate Green RS and graeme like this

spongy

spongy
  • Club Member
  • 785 posts
  • Devon
  • Toni
If it makes you smile or laugh then the show is doing it's job .

Graham Ball

Graham Ball
  • Forum User
  • 657 posts
  • Graham

It’s just as easy to press No. 2 as it is No. 1.

I find them like school kids and they're all a bit annoying.

Clarkson and Co?

Petenofear

Petenofear
  • Forum User
  • 26 posts

Yes I have got like this with the grand tour watched the first lot but just got a little bored of it
  • Ultimate Green RS likes this

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:Shadow Black MK3 RS

Clarkson, Hammond & May everytime for me never watched an episode since they left 

Ian J

Ian J
  • Club Member
  • 5598 posts
  • North Wales
  • Ian

Clarkson, Hammond & May everytime for me never watched an episode since they left 

How would you be able to make that judgement without watching?

• Ultimate Green RS and old bloke like this

Jon

Jon
  • Club Member
  • 10201 posts
  • Suffolk

How would you be able to make that judgement without watching?

Exactly :yep:
  • Ultimate Green RS and Ian J like this

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 12938 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

I have tried watching a few episodes of the latest series but just cant get to grips with the presenters. Still very wooden and trying too hard for me, content is ok but desperately in need of some new ideas. It was always going to be hard following a sucessful long running TV series I would give it five out of ten, still needs some more work for me to watch it again.

• Jason Sullivan likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

• Regional Rep
  • 22731 posts
  • south east
I think you need to watch it for what it is rather than comparing it to old TG.

I like the fact there's not too much 'serious' road test of cars that only a handful of people can afford, in fact the less road tests the better! :)

All the larking around with cheap bangers & challenges I like, it's the sort of thing I'd get up to with mates for a laugh.

Also good that there's no star in the car every week! :)

Looking forward to tonights episode. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users