Advertisement
  • Advertisement

5_Pot_Pops

5_Pot_Pops
  • Club Member
  • 228 posts
  • Scotland South
  • Gordon

Shocking...never knew the blue ones went that fast.

• Ash170990, Mark RS., graeme and 1 other like this

theneone

theneone
  • Club Member
  • 6544 posts
  • Essex & Hertfordshire
  • Neo
  • Owns:Something fast
He'll be riding a bicycle when they finish with him.
  • Mark RS. likes this

grunty-motor

grunty-motor
  • Club Member
  • 2876 posts

brilliant! He was probably slowing down at the time cause he saw the rozzers in the bushes :rofl:

• Mark RS. likes this

Silverback

Silverback
  • Club Member
  • 2541 posts
  • Jimmy
Comical though that they are locking people up for driving fast, I’ve just been watching bbc rogue traders on YouTube, low life Jeremy Kyle candidate scum preying on pensioners fleecing them out of thousands of pounds for shoddy tree surgeon work, also committing distraction burglary which is filmed by the bbc camera crew and what sentence did the leader of this scum get?????

A poxy two year suspended sentence, an ankle tag and 200 hours community service, perhaps he can burgle more pensioners homes whilst out on his community service.

The powers to be that so call run the British isles really need to take a long hard look at what they are doing and the laws they impose FFS

Have a look this, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=FO-PvN96wG4
  • rupert, Kaxe, grunty-motor and 2 others like this

sparky_edwards

sparky_edwards
  • Club Member
  • 125 posts
  • Coventry
  • Mark Edwards
  • Owns:MK2 PB RS

The problem is thoses idiots that do that work in the shadows. Being seen by lots of people doing that speed cannot go unpunished. If he hit anyone or anything it would have been carnage.

Wrong yes but it was his right foot.

RS3

RS3
  • Club Member
  • 897 posts
  • West Yorkshire
  • David
Couldn't agree with Silverback more. Road offences (of course this example is extreme but) are now frowned upon far more than burglary, rape and all sorts of violent and malevolent crime.
  • graeme, Kaxe and Silverback like this

paulthemilk

paulthemilk
  • Club Member
  • 1583 posts
  • Scarborough N.Yorks
Am I the only one wondering whether it was standard or modded?

grunty-motor

grunty-motor
  • Club Member
  • 2876 posts

Am I the only one wondering whether it was standard or modded?

are there any std mk2's left  :laughing:

• paulthemilk likes this

grunty-motor

grunty-motor
  • Club Member
  • 2876 posts

The problem is thoses idiots that do that work in the shadows. Being seen by lots of people doing that speed cannot go unpunished. If he hit anyone or anything it would have been carnage.

Wrong yes but it was his right foot.

probably less dangerous than the countless folks speeding in town.

for sure we dont know the details (empty road??? rush hour???). So many cars capable of doing way more than 70mph quite safely. And so many drivers not!!!

• 5_Pot_Pops and Flying Fish like this

Flying Fish

Flying Fish
  • Club Member
  • 1508 posts
  • Kent
  • Clive
  • Owns:Mk 3 RS (FW)

The trouble now is there's too many Road Safety pressure groups which I believe is why the Dept. of Transport has never raised the speed limits to co-inside with those in Europe 130Kmh - 110Kmh in the wet, unrestricted areas in Germany, as it's too political now.

Just easier to stick with the 70mph, which we've had since late 1950's ?  when most family saloons couldn't reach 70mph let alone cruise all day at that speed ! Plus there's the substantially better safety of almost all components within a modern car of crumple zones, air bags, better chassis design, better brakes etc. 

The motorist is generally an easy hit for the powers that be !!! 

• philjs, grunty-motor and SEVE - RS like this

Tc248carl

Tc248carl
  • Club Member
  • 244 posts
  • North Yorkshire
  • Carl.Chafer
  • Owns:Mk 2 RS Focus
Cars have improved of that there is no doubt...sadly lots of drivers havent.been retired nearly 9 years now but as an ex traffic cop for nearly 25 years i saw the other side...drivers passing their test and then jumping into a performance car and then crashing some with disastrous outcomes...not always young drivers.153mph is not acceptable...
  • theneone likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22731 posts
  • south east

are there any std mk2's left  :laughing:

Yep! :)
  • graeme, Tookes and Tc248carl like this

Tookes

Tookes
  • Club Member
  • 604 posts
  • Northamptonshire
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2

Yep! :)

Mudflaps 😂
  • graeme, Webby, Gareth350 and 1 other like this

elgassi

elgassi
  • Forum User
  • 1314 posts
  • Perth
  • simon
  • Owns:2010 - MR375 PB Rs

Performance Blue, they weren't called that for nothing

I'm sure they had 10 -15 bhp increase added at the factory over the FW & UG's  8) 

• Gareth350, Tookes and Tc248carl like this

Flying Fish

Flying Fish
  • Club Member
  • 1508 posts
  • Kent
  • Clive
  • Owns:Mk 3 RS (FW)

Cars have improved of that there is no doubt...sadly lots of drivers havent.been retired nearly 9 years now but as an ex traffic cop for nearly 25 years i saw the other side...drivers passing their test and then jumping into a performance car and then crashing some with disastrous outcomes...not always young drivers.153mph is not acceptable...

I was at a skid pan course at Rockinham Speedway sometime ago, organised by someone on here, and it was a great day, chatting with the instructors they had various road safety groups visit over time, one group, possibly "Brake" ( not sure tbh ) "does not endorse experienced based training as it believes that all will try and copy this behaviour on the road " !!!!!!  

How do we learn to drive then if it's not partly experienced based training  :facepalm:  :nope:  

Tookes

Tookes
  • Club Member
  • 604 posts
  • Northamptonshire
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus rs mk2
I think we should copy the Scandinavian drivers. They learn at a young age drifting in the snow and ice and also skid pan training. Thats my opinion on the way it should be taught. Driving at 153mph is crazy though should only be for the racetrack.

Mr Angry

Mr Angry
  • Club Member
  • 2731 posts
  • Yorkshire
  • Andy
Fast track driving courses aren’t the best either
I was fortunate to learn to drive a car at 12 year old as I bought a mini for the fields
Great fun and of course crashed it more than once but that was a learning curve

The best course I did was when I was in the police trained to respond and pursuit and put that training to its full potential
I took everything on board what was taught and still use that experience to this day and I’m not meaning fast driving

It’s more anticipation of what is around the bend or who or what can run out from between parked cars
Little things like that most don’t seem to think about.

My moto is respect the car it respects you
Keep the distance at all times even when stationary
Know the surroundings
Don’t take green lights for granted, emergency services may be approaching at speed or vice versa, red light runners
There’s loads to go on about but back to the main subject
That lad deserves to be banned for a long time it gives a bad name for all of high performance car drivers and everyone else gets penalised for insurance or road side checks

Ford Fair is a prime example
I’ve seen loads stopped for no reason just because it’s a performance day
  • Tc248carl likes this

Ady555

Ady555
  • Club Member
  • 1798 posts
  • Yorkshire
  • Adrian

How did this guy get caught doing 156.7 mph in a BMW?

I thought they were supposed to be limited? Unless of course.........  :yep:

"And in 2003, Aberdeen car dealer Jason McAllister was jailed for five months in 2003 for driving his BMW M3 at 156.7mph on the A90 Aberdeen-Dundee road"

153 mph is quick though. especially on a public road. :nope: I am surprised the environmentalists weren't out in force with this one. Imagine the emissions coming out of the back of that Rs at that speed.  :facepalm:  

I bet he is wishing he had maxed it out now and left the Police car behind stuck at 155 mph.

rs_steve_ug

rs_steve_ug
  • Club Member
  • 755 posts
  • Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK2 Focus RS UG.

No different to most bikers!

• Kaxe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users