peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3440 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
  • Owns:2009 PB Mk2 Focus RS

I doff my hat to you sir :bow:

Bit of a nod to my raving days ;)

You mean to say that your raving days are over?! ;)

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

You mean to say that your raving days are over?! ;)

You could say unfortunately they are over but in all honesty I enjoyed them but I wouldn't want them back.

You know what they say.... What goes up must come down. :lol:
  • X4 LEE and peteg22 like this

Rusty

Rusty
  • Club Member
  • 2190 posts
  • Russ
  • Owns:MR375+

I doff my hat to you sir :bow:

Bit of a nod to my raving days ;)

I found a stray Helter Skelter DJ Vibes cassette the other day brought back some memories, shame i havent got any way to play it but found it on youtube 😀

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

I found a stray Helter Skelter DJ Vibes cassette the other day brought back some memories, shame i havent got any way to play it but found it on youtube 😀

If you want some hardcore send me a pm as I can probably post you some on a USB :thumbsup:

Attached File  20191016_161045.jpg   179.42KB   0 downloads

Rusty

Rusty
  • Club Member
  • 2190 posts
  • Russ
  • Owns:MR375+
Nice collection @Webby and cheers a very kind offer
  • Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts
Well little update, due to a change in Mrs car I seceded to get both cars reinsured with a multi car policy which meant that I am free to modify my car :DDance: so brought out the mountune kit and week by week added the parts to see if I could notice any difference.....

Week 1 air filter - little more induction noise no difference in perceived power

Week 2 recirc valve - as above, little disappointed as I thought it would be heard.

Week 3 ssc - no difference at all but what a :censored: of a job :lol:

Week 4 intake pipe - no real change

Week 5 remap (mountune fpm375) - obviously noticeably quicker but more subtle than any map I have had previouly on any other car. Yes it's faster at every point in the revs which is particularly nocicable in the mid range but doesn't really give you the surge of power when the car comes "on boost" that all remap I've experienced give! But I've been driving the car like this for a couple of weeks and I do like the map and the car does make up the gap slightly with my previous cars (st / rs / amg) but it is still less than the rest.

That being said journey in my mk2 lasted 8yrs and was only "finished" when I sold it. There will be more to come....

Oh and for those who like a little jdm in there life here are some pics of my Mrs little ej20 forester after 6hr clean....

Attached File  20191118_104351_HDR.jpg   94.72KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20191118_104336_HDR.jpg   107.01KB   0 downloads
  • Kaxe, peteg22 and sparky_edwards like this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts
It's been a while but feel it's time for a little update. Unfortunately it's a little late as I've been busy so appoligies.

Firstly is a little dull but want to document it in case anyone else has the same idea. I replaced the mountune recirc with a forge item with a choice of springs with the hope of giving my car turbo chatter (like my mk2 2 had) so it was easy enough to fit and gradually increased the strength of the spring to get the desired affect. Unfortunately it made no difference, i even blanked the recirc and still no chatter so I've put the mountune valve back on!

Next is what I've been waiting for since June when I returned to work after furlough. As some of you mite know the first night back at work I hit a fox causing all sorts of cosmetic damage and flattening my intercooler. I did all the cosmetics at the time but left the intercooler untill insurance time as an airtec intercooler was cheaper than stock ford item! So I've now got a shiny new stealth black intercooler which wasn't an easy fit and did need a little "tweeking" to fit but fits fine. I won't picture is as it looks stock which is what i was aiming for :thumbsup:

I am genuinely quite surprised by the noticable performance increase by this item, I thought like the mk2 it would only keep temps down and good for maintaing power but the car actually feels more responsive, I guess that the cooler flows better inside but is definately improved which is quite a bonus!

Next thing that's happened is I've added a silencer bypass pipe, well more honestly i paid someone £145 to do it for me as my welding is "functional" but not pretty and for the money i thought why not as an early Christmas present from Mrs w

This is by far the best mod on the mk3 I've done for the money. Basically sounds stock but when the flap is open the exhaust is approx 50% louder. The pops sound like machine gun going off and sounds much more like an rs should :thumbsup: Bear in mind the guy who did it said the best way to do it was to drop the exhaust but that would cost more and need sleeving etc so I decided to go cheap :lol:

Excuse the poor phone pic but I think you'll get the idea...

Attached File  20201120_020734.jpg   49.49KB   0 downloads
  • peteg22 likes this

Flying Fish

Flying Fish
  • Club Member
  • 1662 posts
  • Kent
  • Clive
  • Owns:Mk 3 RS (FW)

@Webby

Is that a standard exhaust that you've "modified" ? 

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

@Webby

Is that a standard exhaust that you've "modified" ?

Yep, short piece of mandrel pipe that bypasses the rest silencer when flap is open :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users