Project figaro

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts
Well, ive never done a build thread before but i decided it would be nice to document the car for the future. If your reading this don't expect it to be fast moving or full of masice power gains and custom work. Its just going to be my car and what i do to make it my own. Please bear in mind my mk2 took 7-8 years to "complete" and i personally enjoy the journey or improving little by little rather than dropping a few £££ to get package done for me

Firstly my car "Figaro" completely standard mk3 in nitrous blue with shell seats, forged wheels and sync3 swapped with rs direct for my a45 amg on Saturday (20/07/19)

Attached File  Ford Focus RS BLUE #23 635.jpg   122.95KB   0 downloads

This week I have already done more mods than I ever did in the merc in the 18 months of ownership! Not ground breaking but personalizing....

Swapped the orange front indicator bulbs for chrome ones I had knocking about (mainly because rob pointed out the orange, cheers mate) :lol:

From this
Attached File  Ford Focus RS BLUE #23 645.jpg   82.58KB   0 downloads
To this
Attached File  20190725_075321.jpg   70.74KB   0 downloads

Also this evening went from this

Attached File  20190725_172111.jpg   91.79KB   0 downloads
To this
Attached File  20190725_172317.jpg   99.15KB   0 downloads

I hope someone enjoys this thread or finds it helpful, but for me I will enjoy looking back at it in the future!
  • X4 LEE, Kaxe, peteg22 and 2 others like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

X4 LEE

X4 LEE
  • Forum User
  • 20160 posts
  • JCW
:cool: I’ll follow it mate :laughing: I’m in no rush
  • Webby likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3440 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
  • Owns:2009 PB Mk2 Focus RS
Happy days! Progress with mods not quite as glacial as mine, but not far off... 😂
  • Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

Happy days! Progress with mods not quite as glacial as mine, but not far off...

What you talking about? Your car is modded now ;) seriously though, it's your thread that inspired this one. Not massive power and big budget just personalised :thumbsup:
  • peteg22 likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3440 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

What you talking about? Your car is modded now ;) seriously though, it's your thread that inspired this one. Not massive power and big budget just personalised :thumbsup:

Good stuff, it's the only way... 👍🏻 Yup, very happy with mine, such a nice all round setup, feels just right! Look forward to hearing more about yours mate!

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

Good stuff, it's the only way... Yup, very happy with mine, such a nice all round setup, feels just right! Look forward to hearing more about yours mate!

I think the next "mod" will be stopping it leaking oil :facepalm: glad your happy with the rs mate :thumbsup:
  • X4 LEE likes this

X4 LEE

X4 LEE
  • Forum User
  • 20160 posts
  • JCW

I think the next "mod" will be stopping it leaking oil :facepalm: glad your happy with the rs mate :thumbsup:

What you got planned a 5 pot :laughing: only kidding mate couldn’t resist
  • Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

What you got planned a 5 pot :laughing: only kidding mate couldn’t resist

At least my ford hasn't been on its roof...
  • X4 LEE likes this

X4 LEE

X4 LEE
  • Forum User
  • 20160 posts
  • JCW

At least my ford hasn't been on its roof...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ahh the good old days Eggsy still uses that one on FB :laughing:
  • Webby likes this

bahnstormer

bahnstormer
  • Forum User
  • 278 posts
  • New Forest
  • Rob
  • Owns:WRX NB-R

Much better now you've de-tango'd it  :thumbsup: .  Although I should really do mine too after making you do yours :lol:......

• Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

Much better now you've de-tango'd it  :thumbsup: .  Although I should really do mine too after making you do yours :lol:......

Hello old friend, yes you do. Either that or go all in and get a ford of your own......

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/202739720638

:whistle:

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts
Well, bit of a delayed update as not very exciting. Car went into handy performance for leak and check over and according to them it's just residual oil from recal and no fresh oil there so got a clean bill of health :thumbsup:

I will have to say I'm very happy with the service they gave me, ordered a couple of bits to collect while it was with them and they went back order from mountune. Which wasn't hendys fault but they called the week before giving me the choice to rebook or keep the booking which was fair plus I got a moderately modified mk7 fiesta st with bigger turbo and 300bhp as courtesy car wich was fun!

I may have accidentally bought Figaro his first mod even if I can't fit yet as they may be warranty friendly but current insurance company won't have it! Also my first ever custard mod ;)

Attached File  20190819_194322.jpg   83.53KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190819_194240.jpg   98.71KB   0 downloads
  • Kaxe, peteg22, grunty-motor and 2 others like this

[email protected]

[email protected]
  • Sponsors
  • 273 posts

Hi.

If you need any help insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

Hi.
If you need any help insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, Don't worry i will be doing that in March, unfortunately for the first time in about 10yrs I moved away from you guys as I didn't plan on modifying my amg and now im 6months into my insurance and will get virtually nothing back if I cancel now :( for now I'm just going to build up parts till March then give you a call :thumbsup:

Quick question, I recently got told a private plate reduces your insurance!?! Is this BS or true? I never declared my old plate as a "mod" just informed you guys when I changed the reg and thought that was all I needed to do?

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3440 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
So Mountune 375 is looming then matey?! 👍🏻😄 Nice one, hope you're enjoying the Mk3.
  • Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

So Mountune 375 is looming then matey?! 👍🏻😄 Nice one, hope you're enjoying the Mk3.

Yep really enjoying the car thanks. Just starting to make it my own now, little things but are very necessary!

The car was pulling me around all over the road when pushing it (which I'm fairly used to from a cp420 mk2 :lol: ) but i thought i best get the tracking checked and both the right wheels were toeing out by about 3deg! Also the camber was all over the place... Now it drives great plus ive fitted a couple of stickers and waiting for some more while I wait to fit the 375 kit ;)

Attached File  20191015_173559.jpg   69.81KB   0 downloads

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3440 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

Yep really enjoying the car thanks. Just starting to make it my own now, little things but are very necessary!

The car was pulling me around all over the road when pushing it (which I'm fairly used to from a cp420 mk2 :lol: ) but i thought i best get the tracking checked and both the right wheels were toeing out by about 3deg! Also the camber was all over the place... Now it drives great plus ive fitted a couple of stickers and waiting for some more while I wait to fit the 375 kit ;)

20191015_173559.jpg

Yeah, I've found it always pays to check the tracking once in a while. I recognise the blue sticker, pretty sure your old Mk2 had something similar...! ;)
Edit: perhaps not on second thoughts, the one in your avatar was what I was thinking of!
  • Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts
Yeah i do like stickers and I am speaking to monster wraps about making some smiley faces for the mk3 so I can change my avatar as it is something I like to add to all my cars as not many know what it means ;)

Attached File  20190218_115814_HDR.jpg   95.75KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20181222_061150.jpg   75.69KB   0 downloads
  • X4 LEE and peteg22 like this

Rusty

Rusty
  • Club Member
  • 2190 posts
  • Russ
  • Owns:MR375+
Looks like a Hardcore Heaven or Slammin Vinyl logo ?
  • Webby likes this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3076 posts

Looks like a Hardcore Heaven or Slammin Vinyl logo ?

I doff my hat to you sir :bow:

Bit of a nod to my raving days ;)
  • Rusty likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users