Advertisement
  • Advertisement

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2198 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS

Yeh Im much the same mate Im allowed one cabinet in the house that I have my 1/18 focus RS cars in with some 1/2 scale helmets some Schumacher and Hamilton F1 stuff

My garage is crammed with 1/43 rally and road cars Ive collected over years and years some more 1/18 and dinkies corgis cars trucks 1/32 ford calendar collection etc
But Im going to trim it back a bit Ive well over 200 1/43

I intended to display my models but the collection has grown so big I ran out of room for a display cabinet.
My problem is I like collecting so many different things. 30 odd years ago it was records, albums as well as 7 and 12 inch singles. Then it was CD's of which I had around 20 before I even had a CD player to play them on. When my first son was born in 91 I started buying scalextric sets and cars as well as model cars. I have 3 scalextric sets that have never been opened and same goes for some of the scalextric cars I bought. Then after we went to our first BTCC race meeting in 94, btcc memorabilia started to be collected. My most prized btcc items being a signed front wing off Nigel Mansell's 98 Mondeo from the Donington meeting, Steve Robertson's 1996 Valvoline Team Mondeo race suit, the late Will How's 98 Team Mondeo race suit and a 1999/2000 Rapid Fit Team Mondeo grid girls race suit. I also have countless shirts, jumpers, overalls, jackets and coats that each of the Mondeo teams wore from 93 through to 2000. Then there are press releases that the Mondeo teams put out during each season.
My wife has given up moaning, she has finally realised she is wasting her breath. :)

nilagin

nilagin
  • Club Member
  • 2198 posts
  • Neil
  • Owns:Mk3 Focus RS
Just seen on Facebook that Maisto are releasing another 1:18 scale Heritage version of the 2017 Ford GT. This time in Gulf colours. Problem is they aren't releasing the heritage models in the UK. I had to get the red number 1 car from China. I suspect I have missed out on the black No. 2 car if they did indeed make a model of that. Ford offered the road car in herirltage gloss or matt black. They had a Matt black one at Goodwood a couple of years ago and it really looked the dogs danglies.

RSMICK

RSMICK
  • Forum User
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Owns:MK3 RS FW

Set of Le Mans 1:43 Minichamps cars, If you could give me an idea of worth. Thanks

Clive

Clive
  • Administrator
  • 48911 posts
  • Clive
  • Owns:2020 VW Polo SEL

Set of Le Mans 1:43 Minichamps cars, If you could give me an idea of worth. Thanks

There's a set on ebay for £225 or best offer, so probably no more than that.

RSMICK

RSMICK
  • Forum User
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Owns:MK3 RS FW

Thanks Clive,

Guess I'll wait a bit longer, They cost more than that to buy.

Or perhaps will bundle them up with some other models that I have?

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
  • Club Member
  • 515 posts
  • Scotland
  • Jim
  • Owns:A Ford.

I got a 1:18 RS500 for £95 a few weeks ago.

The model is impressive.

Jim.

Silverback

Silverback
  • Club Member
  • 2550 posts
  • Jimmy
@Grim Reaper

Ripe for a bit of modification :wink:

Attached File  A69FD361-DB97-40E8-AF78-668616CD8D40.jpeg   103.36KB   1 downloads

Attached File  4FA3E19C-D530-42A1-BC3A-09EE814D1BC0.jpeg   99.31KB   0 downloads

Attached File  1ECCFC4A-0532-4411-A02E-6FDEA4615CA0.jpeg   97.47KB   0 downloads

Attached File  867F3BBF-1697-418A-B3F6-4BE2B12CB79D.jpeg   108.42KB   1 downloads
  • Mark RS., Gareth350, floz and 2 others like this

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
  • Club Member
  • 515 posts
  • Scotland
  • Jim

Guys,

Could you check the base plate of your 1:43 RS models.

One of mine has ST not RS on the base.

I think there are a few out there that have ST??

Jim.

Mark RS.

Mark RS.
  • Club Member
  • 1635 posts
  • Berkshire (1st owner)
  • Mark
  • Owns:Mk 2 UG Focus RS
I have:
2 RS500s with black seats - RS on base.
2 blue with silver wheels - RS on base.
1 green dealer model - RS on base.
1 blue with white wheels - ST on base.
3 RS500s with red seats - ST on base.

Looks like the later models came marked up ST.
  • Gareth350 and Grim Reaper like this

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
  • Club Member
  • 515 posts
  • Scotland
  • Jim

The reason for asking is I have a red seat version with ST on the base.

This bothered me too much!

I decided to buy another.

The guy is sending me pics of the base as I requested.

It too has an ST base!!

Possibly the end of the run used up ST bases as RS bases had ran out??

Jim.

• Silverback likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22748 posts
  • south east
As I have said to Jim already via PM, in all the years of being involved with these models, I have never come across an RS model with an ST base.

All of mine (& I have the complete set) have the correct RS bases with limited edition numbers (where applicable).
  • Grim Reaper likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22748 posts
  • south east

As I have said to Jim already via PM, in all the years of being involved with these models, I have never come across an RS model with an ST base.
All of mine (& I have the complete set) have the correct RS bases with limited edition numbers (where applicable).

Ignore the above post, Mark is correct, I assumed we were talking about the plinth base, the actual base of the car /the chassis do have ST on them, & again as Mark says, they were the last models made, so probably used up excess ST bases. :thumbsup:
  • Grim Reaper likes this

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
  • Club Member
  • 515 posts
  • Scotland
  • Jim

These little model cars are a HUGE subject within themselves.

Attached Files

• Gareth350 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users