Pete's 'Tinkering' Thread - Page 14 - Custom | Unique Project Work - Focus RS Owners Club

Pete's 'Tinkering' Thread

- - - - - PB FRS Mountune MT350

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3043 posts
Pm me your address and I'll send you some graphite paste. Imo much better than copperslip. Glad your car still happy with your car and still making you smile. :thumbsup:
  • peteg22 likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
  • Owns:2009 PB Mk2 Focus RS

Pm me your address and I'll send you some graphite paste. Imo much better than copperslip. Glad your car still happy with your car and still making you smile. :thumbsup:

Thanks Webby, that would be amazing! Hope you and the fam are well matey 👍🏻😎

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3043 posts

Thanks Webby, that would be amazing! Hope you and the fam are well matey

All good mate thanks, you and yours ok?

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

All good mate thanks, you and yours ok?

Good stuff, yeah all fine thanks mate, can't complain 👍🏻😎

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
A rare bit of spare time today to do some bufftying on the Mk2, got to grasp these moments when you can! 👍🏻😄
Attached File  61720AAF-18FF-41DD-B280-A310F4DDAD91.jpeg   81.66KB   0 downloads
Attached File  6CCAD02A-23A3-47E8-9A7F-96A97B949819.jpeg   109.09KB   0 downloads
Attached File  EE5FA6FF-B1DE-4C3C-B145-9E8E31839618.jpeg   92.22KB   0 downloads
Not the best pics but you get the idea... 😏

Attached Files

• Webby and Gareth350 like this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3043 posts
Nicely done! Good to get time to bond ;)
  • peteg22 likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
Evening all! So, I'm after a bit of help please...

As you may have seen in the preceding pages, I have the Ford Focus space saver wheel (brand new, with Pirelli tyre) and have had this in the boot for a number of years now. Earlier on I was just checking the pressure of the space saver, when I had a thought regarding the wheel nuts that should be used for this wheel. Basically, I'm in doubt as to whether I have the correct ones! I have got five Jaguar wheel nuts (M12 x 1.5) and I'm convinced that they're the wrong ones. I must have had a brain fart when choosing which ones to get; when looking at them, the pitch doesn't look right and they don't look as though they'll fit the Ford space saver. I know, the clue is in the name, right...!  :laughing:  :blush:

Can anyone advise me as to which ones I should have? I am not having much luck in identifying the correct nuts for the Ford wheel. Thanks!

Mark RS.

Mark RS.
  • Club Member
  • 1659 posts
  • Berkshire (1st owner)
  • Mark
  • Owns:Mk 2 UG Focus RS

I got nuts for steel wheels from a Ford dealer.

• peteg22 likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

I got nuts for steel wheels from a Ford dealer.

Thanks Mark. Are they fairly generic nuts then? If you have any details as to which ones you bought, that would be very helpful. 👍🏻😎

Mark RS.

Mark RS.
  • Club Member
  • 1659 posts
  • Berkshire (1st owner)
  • Mark

Thanks Mark. Are they fairly generic nuts then? If you have any details as to which ones you bought, that would be very helpful. 👍🏻😎

Pete, I bought them about 8 years ago, when I got the spare wheel, so can't remember where I got them from.
Think I got 20 nuts at the time, will have a look in the garage tomorrow. If I've got spares I can send you some.
  • peteg22 likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22872 posts
  • south east
I also have the standard steel 16" Ford space saver & the OE wheel nuts for the standard alloy wheels fit the space saver. Same with my Corsa, alloy wheels, steel spare, same nuts.

Any car that has alloy wheels & a steel spare, will always use the same nuts, they are designed to, otherwise there would be another set of nuts with the spare, which there never is! :wink:
  • Mark RS. and peteg22 like this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

I also have the standard steel 16" Ford space saver & the OE wheel nuts for the standard alloy wheels fit the space saver. Same with my Corsa, alloy wheels, steel spare, same nuts.

Any car that has alloy wheels & a steel spare, will always use the same nuts, they are designed to, otherwise there would be another set of nuts with the spare, which there never is! :wink:

Oh ok, thanks Gareth, it certainly makes sense to use the OE wheel nuts for the space saver, just for some reason I was convinced that different ones were needed! Anyone want any Jag space saver nuts?! 😂👍🏻
  • Gareth350 likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

Pete, I bought them about 8 years ago, when I got the spare wheel, so can't remember where I got them from.
Think I got 20 nuts at the time, will have a look in the garage tomorrow. If I've got spares I can send you some.

Thanks for the offer Mark, very kind of you, however it sounds as though I am barking up the wrong tree - from what Gareth says I should be fine with the OE nuts, which makes complete sense of course. 👍🏻
  • Mark RS. likes this

Gareth350

Gareth350

London & South East region

• Regional Rep
  • 22872 posts
  • south east

Oh ok, thanks Gareth, it certainly makes sense to use the OE wheel nuts for the space saver, just for some reason I was convinced that different ones were needed! Anyone want any Jag space saver nuts?!

Yeah Pete & to confirm the fact they fit, I had to use my space saver when I had a puncture a few years back. :thumbsup:
  • peteg22 likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)

Yeah Pete & to confirm the fact they fit, I had to use my space saver when I had a puncture a few years back. :thumbsup:

Thanks Gareth, much obliged 👍🏻😎I haven't had a cause to use mine, yet, however with a lot of the roads in this country resembling your average WRC stage, I'm sure it's only a matter of time... 😬
  • Gareth350 likes this

Mark RS.

Mark RS.
  • Club Member
  • 1659 posts
  • Berkshire (1st owner)
  • Mark
I understand that alloy wheel nuts are fine for steel wheels, especially as you are limited to 50mph, but I just feel happier with steel nuts for steel wheels.
  • Gareth350 and peteg22 like this

Webby

Webby
  • Club Member
  • 3043 posts
I appreciate your concern @peteg22, no one wants to be messing about at the side of the road with the wrong nuts...
  • peteg22 likes this

peteg22

peteg22
  • Club Member
  • 3413 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Peter (Pete)
@Webby 😂Thanks for your concern about my nuts, appreciate it 👍🏻😜

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PB FRS, Mountune, MT350

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users