Focus RS Forum banner

ELMConfig Software **now possible to enable Bluetooth Streaming**

39K views 713 replies 103 participants last post by  Dave276 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ELMConfig Software

The Runtimepack.exe (the second download in the link above) is for anyone using Windows 7.

Please use this software at your own risk...if in doubt please ask...

Hope people find it useful!

This video might be useful for some...

See less See more
1 1
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
For anyone interested...

The software has been updated...

Changes:

- Added the ability to read, modify, and maintain a central platform configuration CD34x (Ford Mondeo IV / S-Max / Galaxy) (in Russian only)
- Added ability to read and decipher codes DTC platform modules CD34x
- Added ability to read information from the platform modules CD34x
- Added ability to separate on / off sounds restaylovoy tidy (including "sound snowflakes")
- The possibility of monitoring CAN-bus with recording log
- On the Information tab for the module HEC, C1 platform added field "number of keys"
- The firmware 509 fixed displaying the letter "h" in messages RDS
- Fixed a bug that resulted in connecting could result in an error response to the request "AT L0"
- Fixed a bug that occurs when using the BCM for Ford Kuga
- Fixed the module HCM (Platform C1)
- The "Customize ELM327 to work with MS-CAN" has been moved to the initial window (next to the speed setting ELM)
- Changed the organization of the files - now located next to ELMConfig.exe folder data, which are necessary for the program files

Not had a chance to look at practical changes this makes yet but will have a look at the weekend.

#9 ·
Hi Derek

I did save all the original settings.
Will try reverting back, the chimes used to work before changing settings and still works for lights on and key not present etc.
Problem I've had the last couple of days is that it's not been cold enough to bring the snowflake light on, think it will be tomorrow though.

CheeRS.

#21 ·
When you open the software up by clicking on 'read from GEM' or 'read from HEC' etc you can see what's already selected and hence activated on your car. You can then add just one thing at a time so you'll know where you are and are less likely to make a mistake. As Derek says save those settings once you have 'read' them giving you something to revert back to. And also as mentioned, leave well alone if you aren't confident with what you're doing and get someone to help.

#22 ·
too late i have done it now. I just always worry before i start then all comes clear. Just on all these threads there is possibly too much info which makes it seem more complicated than it actually is!

But tbh its a really good program and is best just to have a play and like you say as long as you save everything first then you will be safe

#31 ·
You can use BT adapter but connection will be less stable and most probably slower. Guess what happens if the comunication breales while flashing one of the modules. So this is addtitional risk you might not want. Cable based adapter minimises that risk.

#41 ·
I am still investigating what the reason is why some work and some not. I replaced a small screen display cluster, where the shift light works at start but nothing at 6500 rpm, with a big screens display. The one used in cars with a big screen navi. Still no shift up.

Now i am looking if there is a difference with cars which has keyless entry or not. An cars which has the bluetooth connector (with bluetooth module) or cars without this connector.

Perhaps there is a signal comming from the GEM which isn't there when some wires aren't available.

#47 · (Edited by Moderator)
Clive, can you explain me please if the keyless entry was an option in the UK or was it in a lux pack?

The car where it didn't work, didn't have the bluetooth connector and did have keyless entry.

Strange thing i also noticed, it seems keyless entry and double lock with alarm wasn't possible.

RS500, in the UK they all had full options, so included BT and navi? green light on all the time..do you mean, it goes on at start and didn't go out?

#48 · (Edited by Moderator)
Clive, can you explain me please if the keyless entry was an option in the UK or was it in a lux pack?

The car where it didn't work, didn't have the bluetooth connector and did have keyless entry.

Strange thing i also noticed, it seems keyless entry and double lock with alarm wasn't possible.
The keyless entry was an option with both Lux Pack 1 and Lux Pack 2 (but not on vehicles with neither Lux Pack) , it wasn't available at all with the RS500 .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.