Todays test drive

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

madrab

madrab
  • Club Member
  • 2516 posts
  • Belfast

Got invited down to take a test drive in the new RS today, myself and Yorkie were down with our times close together so I took my drive and then got in as passenger for his drive :-).

Attached File  IMG_0165.JPG   137.1KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_0153.JPG   70.17KB   0 downloads     Attached File  IMG_0162.JPG   70.56KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_0168.JPG   335.36KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_0168.JPG   335.36KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_0169.JPG   374.3KB   0 downloads

The blue looks really well in the metal I must admit.

I drove of in normal mode then when stopped for fuel I popped it into sport mode, the crackles and pops sitting in the forecourt were good lol.

Had a mixed drive of town roads then out onto carriageway with some twisty back roads to finish the drive of, really nailed it on carriageway and in the sport mode it sways like torque steering badly, not sure if thats designed into the mode or it was actual torque with nailing the car, it happened with Yorkie when I was in the back on his drive too.

I wasn't overwhelmed with the power and I guess i'd need to have the car a few days to get a better view on that, I think my Mk2 nailed me back in the seats far more than it did but then again I was running the MR375 (Plus the fact the mk3 is brand new and will need a while to bed in).

I was pleasantly surprised at how the sport mode was on the road in way of not feeling every bump, I've had the little fiesta st since I sold my mk2 RS and the RS actually felt better than it when all reviews I've read stated it was to hard for normal driving (clearly they've not owned a mk7 fez st lol).

Attached Files

• Clive, yorkiebar1, jerkyboy18 and 5 others like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

chipST

chipST
  • Forum User
  • 7 posts
  • Craig
Take it that was the Lisburn branch Rab? Was at the Mallusk premises last week & they were saying Lisburn was the only Ford dealership over here getting a test drive model in. Any word of when yours will be in?
  • madrab likes this

Skiman

Skiman
  • Forum User
  • 860 posts
  • Belfast
  • Owns:UG MK2 FRS

Yes thats lisburn, its the one I test drove earlier in the week.

• madrab likes this

madrab

madrab
  • Club Member
  • 2516 posts
  • Belfast

Take it that was the Lisburn branch Rab? Was at the Mallusk premises last week & they were saying Lisburn was the only Ford dealership over here getting a test drive model in. Any word of when yours will be in?

Ricky was showing me the online order system today, no rhythm nor reason in what way the orders coming through, mine moved again now from July to August build date :-(, an order in after mine showing May build.

Skiman

Skiman
  • Forum User
  • 860 posts
  • Belfast
  • Owns:UG MK2 FRS

Whats your order number Rab?

Mines looking like November Build with delivery December/January.

• madrab likes this

madrab

madrab
  • Club Member
  • 2516 posts
  • Belfast

Whats your order number Rab?

Mines looking like November Build with delivery December/January.

J112 or something like that, can't remember now lol

• Skiman likes this

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 13118 posts
  • West country
  • Roger
Nice to hear a wide range of views on the MK3".
  • madrab likes this

chipST

chipST
  • Forum User
  • 7 posts
  • Craig

Ricky was showing me the online order system today, no rhythm nor reason in what way the orders coming through, mine moved again now from July to August build date :-(, an order in after mine showing May build.

Wee bit away yet then buddy. Did you go for the nitrous blue?

MrFreeze

MrFreeze
  • Forum User
  • 99 posts
  • Norfolk/County Antrim
  • Chris
You driving on the A1? Because I saw a blue one earlier on when I was heading south and got quite excited haha. Right near banbridge I think it was.

madrab

madrab
  • Club Member
  • 2516 posts
  • Belfast

You driving on the A1? Because I saw a blue one earlier on when I was heading south and got quite excited haha. Right near banbridge I think it was.

Chris, that's where they taking folk for the test run yes, not quite as far as Bainbridge but down the A1 a bit. 

They got loads of folk doing the test runs and they tell you a time to arrive down there for your turn :-).

MrFreeze

MrFreeze
  • Forum User
  • 99 posts
  • Norfolk/County Antrim
  • Chris

Ah fair enough. May have to get myself down there and have a go then! Also be good when you get yours to get another meet set up. Been a little while hasn't it!

• madrab and Watsi88 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users