• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

STRS Smudge

STRS Smudge
  • Forum User
  • 247 posts
  • alex

Hello Chaps,

just wondering who has an order in for the new RS?

Thinking of going for a Stealth Grey at some point next year :)

would be good to hook up with the old crew again

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Alex.t

Alex.t
  • Club Member
  • 830 posts
  • Alex
Welcome back. What car are you running now?

DustyRS

DustyRS
  • Forum User
  • 4809 posts
  • East London
  • Brian
Hello stranger :yep:

X4 LEE

X4 LEE
  • Forum User
  • 20160 posts
  • RANGERS #55
Hi Alex what's new mate hope your well stranger

Don't let my username fool you I'm in disguise lol

STRS Smudge

STRS Smudge
  • Forum User
  • 247 posts
  • alex

Hello stranger :yep:

Hi Alex what's new mate hope your well stranger

Don't let my username fool you I'm in disguise lol

Thanks for the welcome back lads, I've had a very strange car history since i left after buying the EVO (rather large mistake on my part) didnt take into account the actual running costs of the car at all to be honest also opted for the SST paddle shift (big mistake) regretted not getting the manual after around a week. The EVO was an absolute pain to run, after tuning to 400/400 (much cheaper tuning than the RS i must admit) but the map was only happy running super (97) that can be a drama all on its own over here trying to find a garage that does super. About a month after having all the work done with the car I found out how weak the duel clutch SST kit is, its only good at max for around 360/70 torques and had a hefty repair bill for a replacement as just shy of £7000. My clutch had started to slip under heavy acceleration from standing, and i was also averaging around 13mpg... with another child on the way (the 3rd) it was time to get my sensible head on. I traded the EVO in for a beautiful Black Edition 2.0ltr quattro Audi, really liked this car as i was traveling 60 miles a day for work and it was an ideal family wagon.

Well on Easter Sunday this year we were traveling down to Casltewellan for a family pick-nick, we took both cars as the youngest wasn't feeling the best, so the wife said she would take her in her car so she could head home if needs be and not spoil the day out. Just as we came into Ballynahinch off the 60mph road i had stopped in traffic at a junction and the wife didn't notice and decided to drive into the back of me at around 50mph. luckily there were no serious injuries... except for my Audi and her fiesta, my Audi was pushed into the car in front and was declared a write off. honestly i wasn't too worried as i had GAP on both cars, the bad news was that the wife had her fiesta lowered and forgot to mention it to her insurance company, they didn't pay out. 

I decided to go with a BMW E36 328i for a while as i had always wanted one and had visions of becoming NI next drift king, the rest of the pay out went towards repairing the fiesta to get it back on the road. I also came to the conclusion I wasn't really cut out for drifiting as i was too concerned about wrecking my clean 1998 328. A polish lad at work offered me £600 more than I paid for the car so i sold it on to him. I now run a 2000 Audi A6 Avant 2.7ltr V6 twin turbo with an LPG conversion over the winter months, and I'm looking at ordering a new Fiesta ST or Focus RS next year, I'm actually thinking of running the ST more as it would be ideal as a daily driver and i don't know what the RS will be like on fuel yet lol.

That's my up to day car history lol, hope you enjoy.

• madrab, OBO, DustyRS and 1 other like this

Watsi88

Watsi88
  • Club Member
  • 711 posts
  • Co Down
  • Simon
  • Owns:MR420F Clubsport

Very interesting history mate!

Funny hearing your thoughts on the Evo, would have thought they would be able to take a bit more than 360ft/lbs torque though  :blink: and that bill for replacing the clutch is just  :facepalm:

Was it just the clutch needed changed or were there other failures in the drivetrain?

Rab has sold his white MK2 RS and ordered the new MK3 RS in blue  :nice:

He's also running an MR230 Fiesta ST so should be able to let you know what he thinks of them, I'm sure he'll be along soon enough to fill you in  :thumbsup:

Simon

X4 LEE

X4 LEE
  • Forum User
  • 20160 posts
  • RANGERS #55
Now that was a run of bad luck glad your all okay mate

STRS Smudge

STRS Smudge
  • Forum User
  • 247 posts
  • alex

Very interesting history mate!

Funny hearing your thoughts on the Evo, would have thought they would be able to take a bit more than 360ft/lbs torque though  :blink: and that bill for replacing the clutch is just  :facepalm:

Was it just the clutch needed changed or were there other failures in the drivetrain?

Rab has sold his white MK2 RS and ordered the new MK3 RS in blue  :nice:

He's also running an MR230 Fiesta ST so should be able to let you know what he thinks of them, I'm sure he'll be along soon enough to fill you in  :thumbsup:

Simon

yeah the SST kit for the EVO X is terrible, I'm not 100% on all what was needed to replace the clutch. The manual is the option if you thinking about an EVO, i think the yanks have only just started to find ways to map it properly and to properly upgrade the clutch... but from what i can gather from most of the forums everyone in the UK has basically given up on it. The only thing i did get changed to do with the clutch are was the clutch lubrication fluid stuff changed, that came in at the small cost of £480 from a main dealer in Mallusk. Its a fun car and great to drive, but the up keep on one is daft. 

madrab

madrab
  • Club Member
  • 2516 posts
  • Belfast

Well Smudge matey, nice to see you back. I drive past your house regularly and thought u were a car dealer now with so many different cars in that driveway lol.

Fiesta st really impressive little car but it deff lacks a bit of room over the focus.

Matthew running Mountune MR 230 stage 2 on his and I'm running Bluefin stage 1 on mine (mine only a stop gap to the new RS arrives). I'll sell you mine at good price when my RS arrives lol.

• STRS Smudge and Watsi88 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users