Frustrated! eggh!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Stason

Stason
  • Club Member
  • 1,159 posts
  • Saffron Walden

sorry for the rant but i get really frustrated and in a fluster when people deliberately for what ever reason, incompetence or stupidity ignore crucial information to the point of contact.

My car has a extremely simple but yet insignificant problem with the rear parking camera. Was aware of this when i brought it and i have a letter of promise and full backing of the dealership i brought it from to resolve this issue. The camera was replaced in their hands and it fixed the green screen and water ingress so it works but there is a minor issue relating to the camera flickering.

All this information could not be any more black and white, i passed it on notes were taken on the work sheet.

So i leave the car and i get a call back saying a new camera is on order...

NO! It's had one!!!

Back to drawing board, goes back to technician who looked at my car. Notes added to the work sheet again that i verbally requested that the plastic trim, loom are replaced, by the power of VETO this has to be the loom or the connection to the sat-nav its self. however statistically most issues relating to water ingress is down to the loom and camera its self.

The plastic trim, was discussed after having myself looked at it and the plastic modules that hold the bulbs for the number plate lights has had an attempt made to see how to remove the camera but damaged the trim and the modules them selves. this was authorized in addition to camera fix.

So 2-3 working days pass no phone call (you'd normally expect parts on order to come by at this point). I call up to see how things are going, "oh yes Mr Lippitt your camera is on order and will be with us this week"

I flipping give up... :facepalm:

Fourth time lucky you think?   :shutup:

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 3,459 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

Is this garage part of a big group?

ROG :rs:

Stason

Stason
  • Club Member
  • 1,159 posts
  • Saffron Walden

Yeah its Gates, I gather from what i can work out, the technician, may of missed notes about the camera all ready being replaced. but no one after collecting the car and part being ordered has actually updated the notes and passed back for technician to see.

Its so trivial and i'm on the phone saying it again for the third time :facepalm:

:tumbleweed:  < me soon after all garages and dealerships avoid me for moaning like a woman all the time.

RSROG008

RSROG008
  • Club Member
  • 3,459 posts
  • West country
  • Roger

I always use small independent Ford garage's if at all possible that way you can get to know the owner and chat to the technician working on your car. If not possible write out instructions and leave one with reception and one in the car then there is no excuse to get it wrong.

ROG :rs:

legs

legs
  • Club Member
  • 1,165 posts
  • West lothian
  • davie

i had this with the abs leads, i told my local ford dealer that it was the leads, but they were insisting on changing the hub & abs module on both sides.

it wasnt until i went into the workshop & spoke with the tech, showed him all the info on here (especially from you Rog) that they said they would 'try' changing the leads.

terry tibbs

terry tibbs
  • Club Member
  • 1,859 posts

mate i feel for you after the last cars issues ,if it was myself id be their and make sure they order all the parts before i leave stason !

goes beyond beliefe just how silly things can get when this kind of thing happens .

Stason

Stason
  • Club Member
  • 1,159 posts
  • Saffron Walden

Faith restored.

All sorted!

• terry tibbs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users