Focus RS Forum banner

What shall I do next.....

1K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Mr420 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Just after some inspiration really.
Picked up my fw mountune 375 last Friday, with a couple of other bits and pieces (quickshift, engine mount etc)

My question is, what else shall I do to it?

The only things I've done so far is security upgrades, which lets face it are a bit boring to be honest!

What modifications do people recommend? I'm looking at potentially switching software or going to MR420 but not just yet.
I know the opportunities are endless but just wanted people to share what they feel will help make the car look, sound or go better :)

I don't really want to spend big money just yet either, so say sub £700 modifications?

Thanks,
Callum

#4 ·
Id strongly look at improving suspension and brakes
Ditto, and tyres!

It's more than £700, but I've got Pilot Super Sports on each corner, with BC Racing BR coilovers for handling.

As for stopping, braided lines all around, ATE Super Blue (now called ATE Type 200) racing brake fluid, Ferado DS2500 pads on the front, OEM pads on the rear on OEM discs all around. And she don't half stop when she needs too! :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Cheers for the quick replies guys much appreciated!

I would like it a bit more noisy but don't want it to drone as I do a lot of long distances :/

Forgot to add just had 4 new super sports fitted, and I've got ebc yellow stuff pads on the front with drilled and grooved discs.

Thanks,
Callum

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am running 375 as well and I have upgraded wheels, brakes are in my opinion essential especially if you are going 420. I have left suspension as Clubsport would have been a bit too far as an every day driver. Kept all upgrades Mountune except Elevate mount on group buy. Changed air filter from std one to K&N 57s which I found the best including Mountunes own filter, bung out all the time.

#7 ·

I would like it a bit more noisy but don't want it to drone as I do a lot of long distances :/

Forgot to add just had 4 new super sports fitted, and I've got ebc yellow stuff pads on the front with drilled and grooved discs.

Thanks,
Callum
For £700 i'd go for coilovers personally! Absolutely loved the difference in handling performance and appearance they made to my RS

#9 ·

Thanks,
Callum
If you do a lot of motorway miles the KMS does drone quite badly, i have a de cat but don't know what it would be like with a sports cat.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Security . The more layers, the better. Obd rlct, Disklock, Tracker (with VHF signal) etc

I can't recommend anything for 700 pounds or less, except for Antilift kit, that thing was the most surprising upgrade that improved the handling, by none 4 years ago.
If you save some money, then your next steps should be:

Suspension coil over kit ( springs are for looks, more than anything, handling improvements are close to none ) don't cheap out, go for big boys : KW and Bilstein

Brakes : everybody has their favorite, I had a personal encounter with Alcons and AP. Strong , light and no need for spacers.

Lighter wheels : again, depends what you are after, there're quite a few choices, but if grip and handling are your top priority, then 18s by 9 on 265 rubber combo is unstoppable .

Hope this helps :nice:

#21 ·
Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated!

Thinking about going for the group a filter, does it run okay with mountune? Also will it chatter as oppose to the dumping sound as I'm not too keen on that noise it gets annoying after a while after having a fiesta St doing it all the time :/

Security wise the car has everything possible aside from me sleeping in it every night which is very tempting anyway!

Callum

#26 ·
Forget exhausts. The MR375 has a fantastic exhaust. That's spending money where it's not necessarily needed.

Here are a few ideas

SMD conversion
Lowering and spacing of the alloys
Full on Hardrace set up. Torque mount. Gearbox mount. Lower arm bushes rear arms
Euro light
Bryshifter
Non res section for ur exhaust
Spec r cross over
Spec r tanks

There are just some. But all depends what route you would like to take. Some of these you can do in a bundle and still have change

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.