Focus RS Forum banner

Feeling Glum Tonight

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  stango 
#1 ·
Hi all

After recently joining this community I just wanted to share how I am feeling tonight regards owning the RS, as I have gone through every emotion possible in 2 and a half weeks.

Dreams

After owning the ST many years ago and having to give it back as a company car which was replaced by a respectable audi A5, I needed to get back to the thrill of a bit of grunt under the bonnett, not from a boy racers percpective but from a - if I need the extra speed and to here the lovely sound of the engine.

Therefore over the last four years I have saved up to buy a great RS formerly owned by JonnyBoy.

Anticipation

After viewing the car and paying the deposit I had to wait one week before pick up. This one week was a killer, minutes seemed like hours and days seemed like weeks along with a feeling 'this can;t be happening in that my dream becoming a reality.

Joy

The week had passed, and pulled up to see 'BEE' (yes I have named the car) lol, sat there gleaming and saying I'm all yours lol.

Thankful

I wrote to JonnyBoy to say thank you for building and looking after the car before I was to post on the forum how happy I am, but have been busy so this is my first oppertunity to write anything meaningful (to me anyway :smile: )

Nervous

Never owned such a powerful and customised car I have been very concerened with (what if I scratch it, what if I curb it, what if I break it) other drivers seem to want to pull out in front of me or race me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Also what if soemthing goes wrong I have not one inkling about mechanics.

Sadness, Fear, Anger.

For all the threads I am reading for peoples pride and joy being vandelised or stolen, the worry of what I need to do to protect mine, and why oh why the :f: law don;t take this seriosly.

To sum up

I've got to be careful of paranoia, when I look at and drive the car I go from a 51 year old to a 6 year old on christmas eve my wife doesn't understand lol.

I have taken some security measures and am seriosly looking at another two options all through reading variuos threads on this great forum.

I'm very concious of whom may be reading these threads to allow me to talk through various aspects freely without giving away my location or what I am having done, so as a heads up I may private message one or two of you in the near future, and or alternatively via one of your meets.

Reason for writing is to share how I feel, which should be totally exstatic but is tranished by the waste of space scum on this planet, I know it is only a car at the end of the day but if the worst happened I amy not be able to afford the insurance thus destroying where I started my dream.

Thank you for listening.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know what you mean about paranoia. Had a knock at the door today. Bloke asked if I had a window cleaner or wanted one. I immediately go into "suspicious" mode with a look on my face that could have scared off Freddy Kruger !!! Poor guy couldn't leave quick enough.

#3 ·
Just chill mate I've had mine for over 5 years :) and still not found another car that will give me the same excitement as the RS does ... Touch Wood only ever had good comments about the car and up to now have never given it a second thought about getting it nicked !!! Enjoy it :thumbsup: will be the best car you will ever own :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Just chill mate I've had mine for over 5 years :) and still not found another car that will give me the same excitement as the RS does ... Touch Wood only ever had good comments about the car and up to now have never given it a second thought about getting it nicked !!! Enjoy it :thumbsup: will be the best car you will ever own :thumbsup:
Cheers Woody.... I will look into two other security options and then enjoy. Please don;t get me wrong I'm like a kid just seeing it on the drive and then starting it up and driving it, I can't explain the feeling but it's nuts. Like being love sick lol.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I hear you bud. I've waited years to get one and now I have I just enjoy it whenever I can, well every day as its an all day car
Few tips. Don't show your reg, don't disclose your location unless you trust whom your chatting with, if at shows, cover your plates, don't give away what security you have or not have, garage the RS,

These are our pride and joy except for the better other half of course. Just have read i posted about 'Another problem neighbour thread' and strong wind big doors!!!!
Yes people do pull out on you or want to race but ignore it, you will find more people will appreciate what you have and get chatting to you about the RS.

There's a lot of positive posts on here, more than negative. Just made RS Tina laugh!!!!!

Enjoy the RS, its yours and yours alone.

#9 ·
Cheers Woody.... I will look into two other security options and then enjoy. Please don;t get me wrong I'm like a kid just seeing it on the drive and then starting it up and driving it, I can't explain the feeling but it's nuts. Like being love sick lol.
mate I still get that feeling after 5 years :) every time I park it I turn round look at it and smile :laughing: and think wow :thumbsup:

#12 ·
I hope I don't sound like I'm preaching - I'm really not like that

But Imo life is really to short to worry about things... Yes when thing do happen we have to face them and deal with them but don't waste time worrying about things that haven't happened :) I live by that way of thought and I truly believe in it ...

Enjoy your car mate :)

#13 ·
Cheers all for the sound advice and kindness to reply :bow:

Just been oiut there with a cuppa to say night PMSL :rofl:

Cleaned her earlier and just had a shower of rain, which have turned into globules and with it just getting dark looks the absolute freeking nuts.

I count myself as a extremely lucky to own such a beast, still think it's a dream..... Wake up Rod!!!!!

I hope I don't sound like I'm preaching - I'm really not like that

But Imo life is really to short to worry about things... Yes when thing do happen we have to face them and deal with them but don't waste time worrying about things that haven't happened :) I live by that way of thought and I truly believe in it ...

Enjoy your car mate :)
Cheers Jonesy -

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was cleaning my wheels and it was on the drive
The bells went in so im like :f: :f: :f:

Hope the swear filter works ^^^^^^^^^^

Made my boy sit in a chair on the drive till I got back

He said youl be ages

Phoned my bezzie no problem he said

Got home hour or so later both me boy an mate on drive way car boxed in

Hand shake an coffee (his words Ive got your back )
Hat of to the pair of them

Ok I don't drive it but I do stare at it a lot

#21 ·
I drive mine a lot, had it serviced today (brakes shot, both front struts leaking, nsf wheel is broken (pothole damage) my lovely Airtec rad is leaking), dents and scratches all round, 6 figure mileage but I love it to bits and, as someone said earlier I always look over my shoulder as I lock it and walk away. I doubt mine will ever be nicked but if it is I've had my money's worth out of it.

#24 ·
Enjoy the car Rod, one thing going for your car is the colour 😎 nobody in their right mind would think they were going to be inconspicuous in a canary yellow focus. I always used to go last in the runs we did, and the lead car could see me miles back, lads used to say your car sticks out from miles away. PM on its way 😉

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had my car from new and it's a real pleasure to take it out any time. Makes you feel real special and can hold its own looks and performance wise with just about most things on the road.

Just about every desirable car on the road seems is at risk these days not just ours so you just have to take all the obvious precautions, one of the more dubious benefits of being part of the EU I guess. Great cars just drive it and enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.